Okay, Let's be Clear

Hey I've seen that before;)
Except I push mine through the gas post either ither
That was through the gas side, those kegland posts are universal, I just used a liquid connector because I had one handy.

Notice that the relief valve was in the open position, this is a key step in the process:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek:
You can push it in under pressure if you go through the gas post most of it ends up in your beer except in the line;).

What I read is that whirlfloc is a highly processed form of the seaweed that is Irish moss and it's the chemical used to process that is the potentially bad stuff. I'll go look for my reference but that is why steer clear of any thing else though gelatin is perfectly safe but then I couldn't treat my vegan friends to my beer.
Carageenan is food-safe. Indeed, McDonalds uses it in their "milk"shakes. OK, maybe not the best example of food, but Whirlfloc is all natural, processed to remove stuff you don't need.

upload_2023-3-18_19-18-26.png

You are absolutely right Don, in the United States, the Food and Drug Administration has deemed it safe and for the most part, it is but of course there is a "but"!

The stuff was called into question starting in the 80s and has been studied multiple times since both in t he food production and medical community and there have been many consumer based efforts to get it removed from the food chain. I steer clear of it due to the history of cancer in my family and I try to do the same with commercially processed foods. Like we say here, you do you, it's your beer! I'm not telling anyone that I'm right and they are wrong, I'm putting my conclusions and reasoning out there to further discussion and understand.

You are absolutely right Don, in the United States, the Food and Drug Administration has deemed it safe and for the most part, it is but of course there is a "but"!

The stuff was called into question starting in the 80s and has been studied multiple times since both in t he food production and medical community and there have been many consumer based efforts to get it removed from the food chain. I steer clear of it due to the history of cancer in my family and I try to do the same with commercially processed foods. Like we say here, you do you, it's your beer! I'm not telling anyone that I'm right and they are wrong, I'm putting my conclusions and reasoning out there to further discussion and understand.
I agree with you 100% Ward, one can never be sure about things we ingest. And there is no harm in not using it, unlike yeast.

I figure 10-ish grams (or less) in 5 gallons is a low dose. Much of that gets left in the trub, too.

I agree with you 100% Ward, one can never be sure about things we ingest. And there is no harm in not using it, unlike yeast.

I figure 10-ish grams (or less) in 5 gallons is a low dose. Much of that gets left in the trub, too.
Interesting!

That is purdy
thanks!
Doesn't taste too bad for an "experiment" either :)
Is a 2xMa2xH brew.
Mostly Pils w/ a fair dose of RedX + bit of Magnum for bittering w/ a fair dose of Hercules for aroma. Maybe a bit unusual for a lager, but still very optically pleasing an IMO very tasty drinking.

thanks!
Doesn't taste too bad for an "experiment" either :)
Is a 2xMa2xH brew.
Mostly Pils w/ a fair dose of RedX + bit of Magnum for bittering w/ a fair dose of Hercules for aroma. Maybe a bit unusual for a lager, but still very optically pleasing an IMO very tasty drinking.
I make an ESB that uses carared. Turns out that color too.

Sounds interesting though.

Back