IBU indicates 0.

Hooker

Trial Member
Reaction score
Why does the IBU box show 0 after all hops are entered….even on old recipes?

upload_2022-5-11_10-42-26.png

Your utilization seems to be set to 0%. Is there something in your equipment profile that would change your hop utilization? Or can you manually change that value and see what happens?
Mi g ht be able to set the hop Utilization % in your equipment Profile

Sorry guys, I’m messing this thing up…..standby…..

I haven’t changed anything in my profile for quite some time.

I haven’t changed anything in my profile for quite some time.
Yeah your not going to get ANY utilization (bitterness) if it's 0%.

I just checked my hop utilization % in my equipment profile I don't have anything selected so I'm guessing brewersfriend software automatically selects a prefilled average hop utilization percentage for me when designing recipies.

I'm not really sure what my hop utilization percentage is so I just leave it alone.

I use past brewed beers as a guage for weather IBUs are spot on or need to be increased or decreased next time.

Anywho looks like you know where to Look next time this happens.

Anyone on here got any good reads for Us on hop Utilization and what it means to us as Hombrewers pls?

I just checked my utilization on my latest beer looks like the utilization differs depending on when used in the boil I can imagine Whirlpool utilization would be different on different systems as well.
Screenshot_20220512-075803_Samsung Internet.jpg

Since old recipes are affected as well I would think it would have to be the Hop Utilization or Altitude settings in Equipment Profile. But you say you haven't touched that. So....time to bring in the experts. Calling @Pricelessbrewing and @Yooper.

I set my altitude a long time ago. Uh…I don’t think it’s changed, still at 5345, unless the “Rockies have crumbled.” Something has had to have changed in the software. Never had this happen in the last 47 recipes I’ve done.

I’m sure I still made beer, it just ticks me off when I can’t see the results of any editing on the recipes!

Back