I visited a brewery today!

My wife and I visited Notch yesterday and I had their Loggerhead for the first time. They put a red hot iron into great cask Dopplebock, resulting in toasty marshmallow flavors. Very awesome.
As they note:
A bock tradition in German, and at Schell Brewery in New Ulm Minnesota where we clearly stole the idea from, where a hot metal pole (known as a loggerhead) is placed into your bock beer and the malt sugars are caramelized for a much different tastel. We are giving it a shot, and hoping no one gets hurt.
Loggerhead at Notch.jpeg

Looks pretty. I forgot, are you in Florida? I ask about places in sthe state where I havent visited

This was back in September the day before our cruise. First time in Florida and I found this neat brewery near the hotel. Carib Brewery in Port Canaveral

Attachments

• IMG_7867.jpeg
    IMG_7867.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7866.jpeg
    IMG_7866.jpeg
    355.8 KB · Views: 25
This was back in September the day before our cruise. First time in Florida and I found this neat brewery near the hotel. Carib Brewery in Port Canaveral
Glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm over in that area when I can be, but I like Intracoastal in Melbourne and the Playalinda Hardware Store location a whole lot better. The space is really nice at Caribe, but the beers? Well?
For some reason Caribe is the only beer that ever gave me stomach issues. I don't know what they do, but it doesn't like me.

Not a brewery, but an interesting concept for a watering hole In Downtown ATL called Pour. Give a credit card to open a tab and you’re issued a wristband. Tap the wristband to the tap and pour whatever you want - pay by the ounce. Seventy-five taps of beer, wine and cider. However, the experience comes at a premium. Beers I sampled were $0.75-$0.85/oz.
IMG_3457.jpeg

Glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm over in that area when I can be, but I like Intracoastal in Melbourne and the Playalinda Hardware Store location a whole lot better. The space is really nice at Caribe, but the beers? Well?
For some reason Caribe is the only beer that ever gave me stomach issues. I don't know what they do, but it doesn't like me.
Odd i have a sensitive GI system but had no issues. I wonder what it is that gave you stomach issues?

Not a brewery, but an interesting concept for a watering hole In Downtown ATL called Pour. Give a credit card to open a tab and you’re issued a wristband. Tap the wristband to the tap and pour whatever you want - pay by the ounce. Seventy-five taps of beer, wine and cider. However, the experience comes at a premium. Beers I sampled were $0.75-$0.85/oz.
.75/oz comes to $12 a pint. Yeah, kinda pricey.

Odd i have a sensitive GI system but had no issues. I wonder what it is that gave you stomach issues?
I have no idea, but it happened both in the islands and at home a while back. I have done almost all of the breweries in this area, and nothing even close.

Sparrow in Hespeler.
A few years ago Greg and I use to talk brewing over beers on Friday afternoons at our favorite craft brewery (North Works). He seemed to be forever preparing to go Pro. He is Pro now, and making some fine, fine ales!
20240126_160511.jpg
20240126_154707.jpg

That's a good beer though! It's $23/4pk up here. I have made it 3 times myself from a clone recipe. It's pretty damn close to the original.
Can you post a link to the recipe you ended up using?

Today I visited the brewery that I work at lol we hosted our first ever "Loggerfest." We featured new lagers and wood-aged beers and showcased local wood-working and wood turning clubs. We had a great turn out! Live music and a food truck helped as well. My favorite of the featured beers were the black lager and rice lager. We also had our flagship IPA aged on oak spirals and a barrel-aged sour. One of the clubs brought a small lathe and demonstrated wood turning in the parking lot. Everyone wore plaid to be on theme as well :D

Back