How to add molasses to the recipe calculator?

Reaction score
Hi all, trying to add blackstrap molasses somewhere in the recipe. Can find it under Fermentibles, but just gives me the option for a late addition, I assume this means late addition to the mash, but this is like with 30mins left in the boil.

Do you just say late addition, boil kettle? And have to make a mental note to add at 30mins? Or is there a way to denote that in the recipe?

Thanks
Scott

It's in with all other sugar additions, separate from the malt. 36ppg, 80L for color. It doesn't say blackstrap, so you will have to just use the generic "molasses". The PPG should be the same or nearly the same. The color of blackstrap may be slightly darker.

It's in with all other sugar additions, separate from the malt. 36ppg, 80L for color. It doesn't say blackstrap, so you will have to just use the generic "molasses". The PPG should be the same or nearly the same. The color of blackstrap may be slightly darker.
In the fermentables section with the rest of the malts. It will allow me to add it to the boil, but not at a certain time, at least nothing that I can find.

In the fermentables section with the rest of the malts. It will allow me to add it to the boil, but not at a certain time, at least nothing that I can find.
Click late addition. If you use the brew session it will be with your timers

Yes, this is what I did, as per my OP. My question is, are you able to set a time as to when it is to be added to the boil? Or just have to make a mental note of it?
You can edit it and set a time I. The brew steps

Back