Hop Water.......vs Topo Chico clone?

Yooper

Administrator
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
I always have a keg of sparkling water on tap, and I'm loving the Topo Chico clone. I have never done a hop water seltzer before, and am thinking about that instead. Just this once.....maybe. :)

What works for you? What doesn't? I have a ton of hops and varieties in the freezer and aside from El Dorado which to me taste like watermelon Jolly Ranchers, I like them all just fine.

Any recommendations?

I always have a keg of sparkling water on tap, and I'm loving the Topo Chico clone. I have never done a hop water seltzer before, and am thinking about that instead. Just this once.....maybe. :)

What works for you? What doesn't? I have a ton of hops and varieties in the freezer and aside from El Dorado which to me taste like watermelon Jolly Ranchers, I like them all just uno online fine.

Any recommendations?
While you mentioned El Dorado tastes like watermelon Jolly Ranchers, it can actually add some interesting citrus and tropical fruit notes to hop water. You could try using a smaller amount to see if the citrus aspects come through more prominently.

While you mentioned El Dorado tastes like watermelon Jolly Ranchers, it can actually add some interesting citrus and tropical fruit notes to hop water. You could try using a smaller amount to see if the citrus aspects come through more prominently.

Thanks! I never thought about that- it might be really good! I was more thinking about the intense watermelon candy flavor in the IPA that I found really off-putting.

Back