Frosty 15 Cold IPA

I didn't do the water yet, as this is done at my son in laws house and I don't have his water profile here at work

Interesting, I like the Chinook bittering charge and the multiple additions of Citra and Simcoe. In the recipe the fermentation temperature says 55F, while the ideal range for the yeast is listed as 65F-78F. Do you foresee any issues going well below the yeast’s ideal range?

Interesting, I like the Chinook bittering charge and the multiple additions of Citra and Simcoe. In the recipe the fermentation temperature says 55F, while the ideal range for the yeast is listed as 65F-78F. Do you foresee any issues going well below the yeast’s ideal range?
Those temps were just something that pre loaded. The actual range is 50°-70° with 81% attenuation.
The yeast will be pulled from a fermentor that is D-rest right now under a Cold IPA that I have going at the shop.
That's a different recipe and has both rice and corn flakes in it.
I literally put this together a couple hours ago. My Son in law has a new fermentor with a nose cone heat wrap and will be fermenting in the garage @ 40° ambient so I think Lager temps gives us a better chance of success. I'm hoping to be able to maintain 50 ish on the ferment and then wrap up the entire thing for a D rest in days or so.

I like it. And I really enjoy “Cold IPA’s”.

I might consider a dry hop, but that’s just personal preference.

Cheers!
Oh, there will be a dry hop addition as well, I just didn't get that in there yet!
Details, details!!!
haha

And, Brewed!
Everything went well, starting @ 8 am and totally wrapped up at 1 pm.
Scaled to my Son in laws system and water, we hit our Target of 72% for a 1.060 OG.
Kickoff in under 18 hours @ 60° and holding steady with the cone heater and fermentor wrap/jacket on.
Dry hop will only be 4 ounces and go in after the D-rest.
Cheers all!

Back