Fermentables Page - Lovibond Rounded

IHCA

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Brewer's Friend Team -- I'm a long time user but a recent premium member. I'm psyched to find the table of fermentables which is incredibly useful in building recipes. However, I noticed that the Lovibond values on this table seem to be rounded and you really need to click into each item to get the true Lovibond value. Any chance you could display the unrounded version in summary table?

Cheers!

Hi @Brewer #368362, thanks for joining the forum!

Are you talking about the browse fermentables page? Pic below.

upload_2021-12-10_13-6-36.png

But it's 3.4 L on average?
upload_2021-12-10_13-6-13.png

Yes. Generally not a big deal with malts like Roasted Barley but for base malts like Pils and 2-Row... those decimals matter when making a light colored beer.

Yes. Generally not a big deal with malts like Roasted Barley but for base malts like Pils and 2-Row... those decimals matter when making a light colored beer.

Can you give me an example of one of them that is rounding too high? I want to make sure I understand.

Briess Pils is a good example. Its not that its rounded too high but that it doesn't show the decimal portion; the summary table shows it a 1L but the detail is 1.2L (which represents a 20% difference in color) ... I'm assuming its just a rounded value being displayed on the table as Best Pils shows 2 in the table but is 1.9 in the detail.

Franco-Belges is 2L on the table but 1.7L in the detail
Weyermann Pils is 2L on the table but 1.5L in the detail

Briess Pils is a good example. Its not that its rounded too high but that it doesn't show the decimal portion; the summary table shows it a 1L but the detail is 1.2L (which represents a 20% difference in color) ... I'm assuming its just a rounded value being displayed on the table as Best Pils shows 2 in the table but is 1.9 in the detail.

Franco-Belges is 2L on the table but 1.7L in the detail
Weyermann Pils is 2L on the table but 1.5L in the detail

@Pricelessbrewing I didn't realize that the listing rounded. Is there a ticket on this, or is there a way to correct it easily?

Back