Faxe Festbock

WOJO 2

Premium Member
Reaction score
Royal Unibrew produced a bock beer called Faxe Festbock. Some forums categorized it as a Dopplebock or a Munich Dunkel...whatever it was, it was the best dark beer I've ever drank. Royal Unibrew stopped making it about 2016 and I have been thirsty ever since. Recently I purchased a BREWZILLA n Fermzilla system... I have been reading through the beer recipes and there are many to start from ... does anybody know of a Faxe Festbock clone recipe or does anybody know the beer and give me a heads up on where to start?

Welcome to the forum. Never heard of the beer but interested in hearing form others. There are American “bock” beers that are closer to a dunkel. Bocks are strong

I will be in Denmark for 3 weeks this summer and kinda keen to try some Faxe brews that I am not familiar with (not too hopeful, as what I am familiar with isn't all that great, but they do have an IPA....fwiw)
...I did find this though (a positive, but in German) review from back in 2006, but no clone recipe so far: http://www.1000getraenke.de/biertest/faxe-fest-bock,802.html

I remember a beer called Faxe, it was 10%, I had it once many years ago. No recollection of what style it might have been.

I will be in Denmark for 3 weeks this summer and kinda keen to try some Faxe brews that I am not familiar with (not too hopeful, as what I am familiar with isn't all that great, but they do have an IPA....fwiw)
...I did find this though (a positive, but in German) review from back in 2006, but no clone recipe so far: http://www.1000getraenke.de/biertest/faxe-fest-bock,802.html
I am curious to know what the difference is between a Danish bock beer and a German bock. I have a feeling that Danish bock may have more of a Pilsener malt base (70% Pilsener, 30% Munich) and German more Munich (70% Munich 30% Pilsener or Wheat) From what I am gathering on the internet the Danes brew more Pilsener beers...Lager

Back