Experimental side by side brewing.

Through discussion with the missus (on her last year of Environmental Science degree) she said everything's gotta be the same but change one variables.
Yeah I sorta know this but I guess the difference is fermenting in a kegmenter vs a corney keg right yeah.
So ones quite narrow and tall and the other is wide and fat with more surface area to the wort gas area (kegmenter).

So given brulosophy has found significance in different fermentation vessels i guess my first side by side should be: does fermenting a beer in a kegmenter vs a corney keg display any differences.
Also both vessels will be half full having both 10lt is in both So alot of headspace.
But this is also the conditions I'll conduct my other side by sides in.

So I'm thinking as per above post just brewing a lager grist (helles sorta beer) with my Belgian saison 1 strain and tasting for a difference.

Then I can move on to bigger better comparrisons.

I'm using the word comparrison not experiment remember I'll try my damdest to be scientific but I am just hombrewing.

Caviate ok so take what i do with a grain of salt my main objective here is just to try some side by sides out see what I taste and share what my pallet and bias percieved in the finished beer with a triangle test.:)
Wife is right! Design of experiments.... All the jargon and babble aside, no-chill half of a batch and chill the other half. Pitch at the same temperature, the same amount of yeast. Then do a triangle test (have the wife help) and see if you can identify the difference. If you can't, get a few friends to do the same thing. I like "comparison" over "experiment," too.

Wife is right! Design of experiments.... All the jargon and babble aside, no-chill half of a batch and chill the other half. Pitch at the same temperature, the same amount of yeast. Then do a triangle test (have the wife help) and see if you can identify the difference. If you can't, get a few friends to do the same thing. I like "comparison" over "experiment," too.
Cheers Nosey thanks for your input.

Just reading through this thread looks like i was all piss and wind and this didn't eventuate to anything such is life! :confused:
I got Ceoliac Diagnosis just a month later that year and it sorta put this side by side experimentation on the Blackburner and I forgot about it altogether Sorry....

Well I have done some side by sides all unscientific and as my objective in kegmenter and corny kegs.
Just different yeasts I've done.

I would like to get back to this though and maybe document some side by sides on the brewing with Gluten free grains using maybe different enzymes in the mash and such and seeing if I prefer the differences...

Back