Brown ale

Not sure about the Kölsch yeast, seems self defeating if you want malty. But everything else looks good to me. What temp do you plan on mashing at?

Not sure about the Kölsch yeast, seems self defeating if you want malty. But everything else looks good to me. What temp do you plan on mashing at?
I should have mentioned it’s a smaller version of a beer a made last year. I mash pretty much everything 150-152 unless I’m doing some specialty beer.

The main thing I’m hung up on is the amount of brown malt. Does that seem like a good amount?

Looks right to me. I use 8% in my Brown Ale. I like Crisp’s Brown Malt quite a bit.

just personal preference, but a brown ale says English to me.

would go with EKG or fuggles instead of the german hops.

I use Maris Otter in my brown ale, not pilsner or Munich, along with some chocolate malt and Crystal 45. Your recipe will be delicious, but more of a German dark ale. Not as malty or 'brown' as I suspect you seek.

I use Maris Otter in my brown ale, not pilsner or Munich, along with some chocolate malt and Crystal 45. Your recipe will be delicious, but more of a German dark ale. Not as malty or 'brown' as I suspect you seek.
That’s perfect! If I want more malt I can add more munich. Simple

Back