Bent Nail 2.0

Getting closer.

Got the main pump and condenser pump installed.

20220408_191800.jpg
20220408_191818.jpg

Have you tried turning the pump on? Does the table amplify the pump noise?

Have you tried turning the pump on? Does the table amplify the pump noise?
I have not, so I have no idea. its not mounted to the table directly, exactly. its mounted to an aluminum plate that is mounted to the table, technically the pump is floating.

20220408_194426.jpg

I hope it doesnt, but that pump is nearly silent to begin with. been a few times that I had to touch it to tell if it was on.

Nice and neat. Looks like a subway map.
Lol thanks. After 3 weeks since it I touched it, had to make sure I knew where all my train cars went lol.

Had to revise the SW a little. Things never work exactly how you thought ;)

got it finished! inital testing is promising, still have a few things to work out on the SW, but only minor things.

I will be doing a video tour of this thing when I get a chance, for those who are interested ;)
Holly crap there's some wattage pumping into that kettle how much all up minibari?

So you can control them all simultaneously and can set the percentage of power to them?

Man You gotta get a shot of your test boil on them pls

Holly crap there's some wattage pumping into that kettle how much all up minibari?

So you can control them all simultaneously and can set the percentage of power to them?

Man You gotta get a shot of your test boil on them pls

Boil kettle has (3) 1500 watt elements.
Rims tube has 1500 watts
Herms kettle has a single 2500watt element.
It is set up so that the rims and herms can't function if the boil elements are on and visa versa. Its a 30A outlet, so I cant run 9500 watts of heat at once lol.

I can control each element. The herms and rims have a PWM output to control heat at the set point.(automatically) The Rims element also has a manual PWM control.

It gets to a crazy boil. Too much really, lol. But it will take 160F wort to a rolling boil in about 15 minutes. Turning one element off still keeps it boiling vigoursly

This is the front control panel for the SW
20220527_170951.jpg

Last edited:
Boil kettle has (3) 1500 watt elements.
Rims tube has 1500 watts
Herms kettle has a single 2500watt element.
It is set up so that the rims and herms can't function if the boil elements are on and visa versa. Its a 30A outlet, so I cant run 9500 watts of heat at once lol.

I can control each element. The herms and rims have a PWM output to control heat at the set point. The Rims element also has a manual PWM control.

It gets to a crazy boil. Too much really, lol. But it will take 160F wort to a rolling boil in about 15 minutes. Turning one element off still keeps it boiling vigoursly

This is the front control panel for the SW
View attachment 20868
Oh wow that is Nice you sure got the Tech thing down pat man I love where this HBing thing can take people very cool man.

Oh wow that is Nice you sure got the Tech thing down pat man I love where this HBing thing can take people very cool man.

believe me, when I finally plugged it into the full 240VAC today and started turning things on, I was watching everything for smoke, lol. nerve racking on the first full run up , lol.

Haven't done much with this lately. Was gonna do a Czech pilsner today, but due to ask oversight by me on the SW and some leaks, will be put off for a week. :(

Hopefully my yeast will still be good, I did a starter and now its chilling. Guess I will find out

Hopefully my yeast will still be good, I did a starter and now its chilling. Guess I will find out
The yeast will be fine in a week if kept cold. Just remember to oxygenate.

I have not, so I have no idea. its not mounted to the table directly, exactly. its mounted to an aluminum plate that is mounted to the table, technically the pump is floating.

View attachment 20147

I hope it doesnt, but that pump is nearly silent to begin with. been a few times that I had to touch it to tell if it was on.
What's the little DC pump for recirculating?

Back