I visited a brewery today!

20230919_205855.jpg

1520 bar Galway, Ireland
Tried to upload a short video of the live Irish music but it wouldnt go.

Out and about with Wifey on an absolutely stellar evening in South Central Pennsylvania
20230914_194430.jpg

At one of Fairfield's finer taverns....not quite a brewery but they did serve Roy Pitts Liquid Art and Michaux Brewing from nearby Chambersburg and Waynesboro PA. #EatLocal

The bus sropped in Killkenny, Ireland during the tour. The Smithwicks brewery is in town. I didnt really have time for the tour but that didn't stop me from trying a glass of one of their once a year , limited edition brews. He said it was an IPA at 9.X alchohol. Tasted like a 9% Smithwicks but not a lot of hops (IPA) flavor.
OH YEAH, I was strongly told there is no "W" sound in Smithwicks.

20230923_122603.jpg

The bus sropped in Killkenny, Ireland during the tour. The Smithwicks brewery is in town. I didnt really have time for the tour but that didn't stop me from trying a glass of one of their once a year , limited edition brews. He said it was an IPA at 9.X alchohol. Tasted like a 9% Smithwicks but not a lot of hops (IPA) flavor.
OH YEAH, I was strongly told there is no "W" sound in Smithwicks.

View attachment 26693

I love Smithwicks. I've heard it usually pronounced "Smithicks" like you said. I think I've also heard it pronounced "smiddicks".
Every picture you post Marlin makes me more envious of you! :)

How are guys fairing out there, down da oh-shin? We got a good 2 " of well needed gentle rain and thankfully very little wind.
Lots of flooded roads, just a lot of rain. Winds were a constant 30mph for a long time, gusts up to 50.
Driving around yesterday we didn’t see much damage, just some tree branches not many limbs down but they were on the side of the roads.

Unfortunately we had to stay in and drink beer and watch the college games

We got home from our trip to Ireland Sunday night. Had a lot of fun visiting the pubs with our friends and it was great to have the opportunity to visit Smitthics Brewery. We and many of the others on the tour managed to bring home fridge magnets, tee shirts and.... Covid!
Deb and I are doing ok, hopefully the rest of the group are doing well also.

Back