Spammers vs Clueless

Donoroto

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
The regulars see a LOT if what appears to be spam. Some are obvious - URLs in the posts, unrelated to beer, Trial member, resurrecting way old threads with irrelevant or ambigious or 'vanilla' comments. This, we know.

Then there are others. They appear to be moderately relevant, or new posts on reasonably topics. Some post often. Someone like mia... for example.

I just can't figure their angle. Ideas??

Na because we're here for beer and hombrewing not to get our Essay's written and such lol.

I'm not sure of their angle but AI needs to come up with some better beer related topics Mia is doing very well though just don't think we will see much of the "kitchen Reno's " but I'd love to be proven wrong ;).

Na because we're here for beer and hombrewing not to get our Essay's written and such lol.

I'm not sure of their angle but AI needs to come up with some better beer related topics Mia is doing very well though just don't think we will see much of the "kitchen Reno's " but I'd love to be proven wrong ;).
maybe we can convince mia to post herself in a bikini!

Lol...eah...if she is a she!...but if not...it may be a good laugh! I was looking at "her" posts and noticed the there is a disconnect when it comes to time and experience. I'm too lazy to go find it and cite chapter and verse but there are early posts about brewed beers then she cited, months later, "when I start brewing".

Ok...I had look it up...she's first on the forum making a wee heavy in September 22 then in February 23 Nubie Home Brewer is putting together an imperial stout. Idunno! So...back to Don's angle question...we take the bait every time and there for...are a good case study?

Maybe @Craigerrr jumped the shark with his AI post and Mia answered!

With the sausage post, I was on to it, her, she, he, whatever.
Maybe we should have a " Post a picture of your mug" thread, having all post a head shot with their favorite mug. Do you think it'd reply?

Sexy-Robot-001-in-Pink-Bathing-Suit.jpg

Favorite Meal: Soylent Green
Goals: To promulgate the Roger Waters theory that humans eventually amuse themselves to death.
Favorite Lyric: Attention all planets of the solar federation. We have assumed control.
Borg Designation: 6 of 9.

I reported them as well.
But I think everyone did very well in not responding as that is what I think this person was after.

I was drinking and watching fireworks, I missed it! Haha

Most likely... Doubt those spammers have spare cash to pay for premium...

That's exactly what happened- the premium member tried to log in and his password was changed. I looked into it, and his account had all sorts of nasty sexual links in "my brewing" and we locked down the account and changed the password.

All of you make sure your password is secure! We don't want you to lose access to your accounts over something like this!

Back