This is why I'm not feeling like brewing

Ozarks Mountain Brewery

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
Cant seem to get out of this air conditioner, I'm too spoiled

Screenshot (51).png

Ugh, we had that a few weeks ago here in So Cal, so I understand.
Hope the weather moderates soon for you.

My keg of basement ipa tribute just kicked :( and it is just too damned hot to brew. Maybe if I get up real early, like 6, and start with the water already at temperature. I really want more hefeweitzen, but with the step brewing it takes so long...

It'll cool off come September.

bugs are also really getting to me when I brew outside, I bought a new brew shed but its currently full of my garage storage since i only have a carport at this house, when prices go down that will change lol

Yeah..I get it...it was in the 90s around pitching time Saturday afternoon..I drank a lot of water a and had 3 different fans going..my motto..just keep going...it really is worth it!:):):)

Got my gas/electric bill a couple days ago. They show last years stats for comparison. This July was 11° F hotter than last July! Those hot & humid brew days really wipe me out. I still get out there because, as Ward says, it's worth it in the end.
your not kidding about the wipe out feeling, I've had heat stoke before and its X3 hotter to me

That's only 34 oC ;)
It's what we got now and we are just getting out of winter
Screenshot_20210824-091227.png

We just had a tropical storm hit and now it is going to be in the high 80's and 90's with high humidity for the next 3 days. In this weather, you're going to be hot no matter where you brew. The alternative is to go to your local liquor store and buy your supply. Not the worst case scenario but it's not homebrew.

I've been in a weird mood the last couple months and haven't had much drive to do anything. I've cold smoked my wheat for our Q3 brew but haven't felt any urge to actually go make it.

My keg of basement ipa tribute just kicked :( and it is just too damned hot to brew. Maybe if I get up real early, like 6, and start with the water already at temperature. I really want more hefeweitzen, but with the step brewing it takes so long...

It'll cool off come September.
Voss, baby Voss!

I just brewed a cream ale with it. It started at 95F and I wrapped it in a wool blanket, when it finished 3 days later it had dropped to 80F. The beer was remarkably clean, although the finish was spritzy to the point of touch tart. It's not the best for IPA's but it works great for a cream ale. You still have to deal with the hot weather though, can't help that.

Voss, baby Voss!

I just brewed a cream ale with it. It started at 95F and I wrapped it in a wool blanket, when it finished 3 days later it had dropped to 80F. The beer was remarkably clean, although the finish was spritzy to the point of touch tart. It's not the best for IPA's but it works great for a cream ale. You still have to deal with the hot weather though, can't help that.
I've brewed with Voss a handful of times now and I wasn't crazy about the pales and IPAs with it, but my favorite was a blonde ale. So that'll be my next brew, another Voss blonde :)

your not kidding about the wipe out feeling, I've had heat stoke before and its X3 hotter to me

:eek: Man, Heat Stroke is nothing to mess around with. In First Responder training, that was one of those critical conditions! Glad you made it through that. When you say it's 3X hotter to you now, do you mean it affected the way your body reacts to heat now?

yes I've herd from others and can confirm that after heat stroke the heat seams hotter for me and cant take it like I did previously

Voss, baby Voss!

Do you think Voss would work in a brown ale? I just had one (that used wyeast 1968) and it made me want a bunch more...

Back