Yup, Water Profile Question

nflamedrash

Premium Member
Reaction score
I will say I am one step above a novice when it comes to water. I have had my water tested, I use the Brun' Water spreadsheet and I frequently hit my desired mash pH.

My question is this: Does anyone have a list of Beer Styles and the accepted/preferred water profile? I know there are balanced profiles, hoppy profiles and historic city profiles out there and I do use them. But, what I am looking for is a basic profile list:

Wheat Beer Profile = (water profile)?
Pale Ale Profile = (water profile)?
Kolsch = (water profile)?
DIPA = (water profile)?
American Amber Larger = (water profile)?

I think you get the idea without the entire list. I feel like this list should exist but after searching I found nothing. Thoughts?

it wasn't;t too long ago where I had no idea what was what in terms of style.... but I started to understand the more I read and the more I experimented... take this with a grain of salt (from a drunk home brewer, because I'm rather wasted), but, more SO4 (sulfate) and less Cl (chloride) will yield a hoppy beer... and vice versa. More chloride and less sulfate will yield a maltier beer, those are the two things I've focused on. there's more to discuss, but when I'm less drunk.

2nd this as in more sulphate more drier bitter beer more chloride more malty beer.

Back