Yeast for a Russian imperial stout?

had to run a tube to a bucket for all the extra blowoff coming out, after it stops bubbling, should i let it sit for a couple weeks or just one, plan on moving it to secondary in a used whiskey barrel and let it sit for a couple months before i bottle it.

Probably okay with the air in the water - when I do a beer that big, I oxygenate again after 12 hours, just to make sure the yeast have enough O2. As to the chlorine, I thought that, too. Until I started dechlorinating.

Reactions: J A
Probably okay with the air in the water - when I do a beer that big, I oxygenate again after 12 hours, just to make sure the yeast have enough O2. As to the chlorine, I thought that, too. Until I started dechlorinating.[/QUOTE

I will check into it on the next beer, is a week in primary too short, guess its up to the FG.

If you're going :confused: starter? Just get a couple of packs of yeast. Best chance would be wyeast smack packs, then the yeast would be active when it hit the wort. If its available 1728 would be a go to of that brand.

what would be an alternative

had to run a tube to a bucket for all the extra blowoff coming out, after it stops bubbling, should i let it sit for a couple weeks or just one, plan on moving it to secondary in a used whiskey barrel and let it sit for a couple months before i bottle it.
If your putting it in a barrel, you don't need to leave it in the fermenter after it reaches terminal gravity. It will have time to age and condition in the barrel

got to wait on the barrel to be delivered, grabbed another liquid yeast pack of wyeast 1084, best they had at the moment, beer is still going strong so i think i will be ok if i put this pack in. thoughts?

Brewed sat evening, it is Wednesday morning and it is still steadily bubbling, def has slowed down in last 12 hours but there is 0 seconds between bubbles In airlock, i will take a gravity reading next week when i transfer to a barrel.

Back