Yeast attenuation oscillations

I'm seeing 41 PPG for Lactose and 0 ABV contribution, so it seems to be taking into account the lack of fermentability.
The calculator seems to do a pretty good job of tracking what will happen to the ingredients during mash and fermentation, but, yeah, the real-world results are sometimes more than the sum of the parts, either in a good way or bad. ;)
Yes! But i think lactose is an example which is considere non fermentable. In other fermentable malts, i think will take the whole ppg as potential fermentables, even thou that a part of it wont be..

^^^ Second that. The 0% ABV indicates complete unfermentability. For others, there is considerable variability in ingredients that is more likely a cause of different results than the calculator. But for the others, the calculator should take their fermentability into account the best it can by using a "normal" value. Mash too high and you get less fermentable sugar than mashing the same malt too low, just one example of the variability of the process. I don't think "exact" is that important at our scale, a little water or malt extract will fix most of our inaccuracy between results and calculations.

Ler me know how it tastes.
I will plano for the future having some of the base malta with higher amount of unfermentable sugars to keep balance..
Sample tasted great actually, considering it flat and hasn't been conditioned yet. Definitely has the malty sweetness and also a flavour I couldn't put my finger on, but not an off flavour. Will let yoy know how it comes along.

The same here. Just took the final reading and it was 3°P (hydrometer) and 2°P (corrected refractometer, WRI reading was 6.8°P).
in the end my refractometer is showing a smaller value.
anyhow, I tasted the beer (low CO2) and actually tastes as expected.uhuuuu. The attenuation of 91% was BS. just bad refractometer.
im back to the expected 75% of this yeast.

Reactions: J A
And I'm not really happy with the result, either, very harsh and unless I'm completely off, phenolic.

Ive been there, thats originally why I started fermenting so cool because it will work well at 58 wort temp, "not air" my last brew with it blew the top and dumped half my yest in the blow off jar, then finished too early and that was at 62

Back