Yeast amounts deducted from inventory

Schram Haus

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a noob still using brewers friend so bare with me

When we brew a recipe and have the ingredient items deducted from inventory, the yeast, regardless of strain or brand, will give back the error "can not convert grams to each". In our inventory the yeast is measured in grams (we use mostly dry yeast). As far as I can tell there is no place to put grams of yeast needed when filling out the recipe. The recipe does show cell needed, but thats it as far as I can tell.
I do not want to count yeast packets as 'each' instead of by grams in our inventory because we make various batch sizes and those use differing yeast amounts.
What can I do so our yeast inventory levels get deducted correct as we brew a recipe?

Thank you!!

Thanks for the feedback on this. Yea, unfortunately the way yeast is tracked in the recipe calculator currently, it's only set up to handle a single unit quantity (i.e. a "package" of yeast), so we don't have the ability to set quantities (in grams, etc.) on the yeast additions at the moment. I agree this would make a good addition though - I'll put it into our tracking list of features to tackle in the future.

Back