Wiring a pump

The diagram on my power supply indicates that the center is positive. And taking the plug apart further I see that the white wire goes to the inside wall of the plug and the black wire goes to the outside.
upload_2021-1-26_13-55-17.png

And definitely Trust But Verify. I am not an electrician. Just had good teachers (my dad and father-in-law).

The diagram on my power supply indicates that the center is positive. And taking the plug apart further I see that the white wire goes to the inside wall of the plug and the black wire goes to the outside.
View attachment 13888

And definitely Trust But Verify. I am not an electrician. Just had good teachers (my dad and father-in-law).
Good call

The surplus store was particularly messy today but got lucky and struck gold! I'm pretty sure I found exactly what I need.
I wish I would have taken a picture of the shelves. It was truly a "needle in a haystack" find. I'll give it a shot and report back.

20210127_174125.jpg

The surplus store was particularly messy today but got lucky and struck gold! I'm pretty sure I found exactly what I need.
I wish I would have taken a picture of the shelves. It was truly a "needle in a haystack" find. I'll give it a shot and report back.

View attachment 13908
Fortune favours the bold good Find!

A hair underpowered, but it will make no difference whatsoever. Good find.

In what town is that surplus store? Always looking for new sources...

IT WORKS! That is to say, it turns on when hooked up. Hopefully it will perform well under a load.

Well Donoroto, I'm in Duluth Minnesota, not Duluth Georiga so I'd say it's probably not too convenient for you. FWIW... Its called Central Sales and it's a locally-owned shop that's just a mess. I'd say it's half surplus and half flea market. There is some stuff new in the package and some that have been there since the Regan administration. Housewares on the top floor, hardware on the main floor, and automotive/home repair in the basement. If you're looking for a business opportunity and a severe change in climate, it is for sale. And thanks so much for putting me on the right path.

Central Sales is like Burger Hardware in Superior used to be! Good find, if you need help give me a shout.

How about that, a fellow Nort'lander! I'll shoot you a message.

How about that, a fellow Nort'lander! I'll shoot you a message.

We had called The Axeman in St paul. Sounds exactly lkke it. Don't know if it is still there.

Surley has a beer called the Axeman. Wonder if it's a reference?

Surley has a beer called the Axeman. Wonder if it's a reference?
There former head brewer, Todd Haug, the guy who came up with Furious and most of their other beers was a guitar player (axeman) too. Hence the name Todd, the Axeman.

There former head brewer, Todd Haug, the guy who came up with Furious and most of their other beers was a guitar player (axeman) too. Hence the name Todd, the Axeman.

Makes sense. It's a great beer. I just wish Surley wasn't so expensive.

I used the pump yesterday to brew my first Helles and it worked fantastic. I knew the battery I've been lugging around to run the pump was shot but now I really know it. The pump ran strong and steady for the entire chilling.

Duluth Minnesota, not Duluth Georiga
No matter: when I find myself up in Bemidji again I'll make the detour. Just not this winter.

Duluth GA would be awfully convenient though, 20 minutes from here. Then again, if there was a surplus store I'd know about it. One of my little quirks.

Now that Todd is no longer at Surly they changed the name to just "Axe Man". I hope it's still the same recipe as when Todd was there.

Do you know what's up with Surley anyways? I thought I heard some noise last summer about labor disputes and them closing the beer hall. Are they still in business making beer? There was a Brewfest last year in Duluth and I just kept going back to their booth for samples of Axeman and Rocket Surgery. I was back and forth between them and Sierra Nevada to drink their Hoppy Anniversary IPA.

Do you know what's up with Surley anyways? I thought I heard some noise last summer about labor disputes and them closing the beer hall. Are they still in business making beer? There was a Brewfest last year in Duluth and I just kept going back to their booth for samples of Axeman and Rocket Surgery. I was back and forth between them and Sierra Nevada to drink their Hoppy Anniversary IPA.

I hope not. I don't get Surly often (only because of the price) but when I do I always love it. If I remember correctly, there were rumors of some kind of personnel issues at the time Todd left. If that is true, I have no idea if that factored into his decision to leave.

Back