Wild yeast or infection?

You use the Allrounder right mate?

I'd just go with your Kegland cleaner personally then hit it with your sanitizer.

Nothing wrong with the bleach option but you gotta rinse that stuff real well.

If ya wanna go a bit further take the floating dip tube off and give this a boil in some water to really kill anything remaining on that silicone tube.

Hey why not bottle some you might have a nice sour on your hands lol!

Luckily my all rounder is busy brewing another beer in the chamber under temp control… Thought I’d double down and use my 30L plastic fermenter with Kveik cause it’s been so stupid hot everyday!..
OG 1.050, just checked FG 1.007 so far and smells like sewerage..
Think I’ll tip it, wash it, low chlorine disinfectant it, rinse,rinse,rinse, wash again then sanitise. It’s GROSS!!

I think you got the right idea.
If it looks and smells gross, dump it and thoroughly clean/sanitise everything that has touched the infected wort.
Hopefully your other batch turns put OK

Luckily my all rounder is busy brewing another beer in the chamber under temp control… Thought I’d double down and use my 30L plastic fermenter with Kveik cause it’s been so stupid hot everyday!..
OG 1.050, just checked FG 1.007 so far and smells like sewerage..
Think I’ll tip it, wash it, low chlorine disinfectant it, rinse,rinse,rinse, wash again then sanitise. It’s GROSS!!
Bugger I woulda drunk it back in the day lol :D Joking would a cleaned me out for a week!

Wanna go hard core use some vinegar but dilute the chlorine first

Back