Who has good keezer advice?

soccerdad

Trial Member
Reaction score
Attached is a pic of my two way gas distributor. Right now both lines run from the pressure set at the main regulator - usually 10 to 12 psi. I would like to be able to adjust one keg up or down to suit various styles and I am thinking of getting one of those Kegland secondary regulators with a small build in gauge. I want to buy everything I need at one time rather than go back to buy a $3 fitting and pay $100 shipping. At each end of the gas lines I have mfl's that end in a barb and clamp to the gas line with an Oetiker clamp. The Kegland regulator has Doutight fittings at each end for gas in and gas out. However, those only seem suited to push fit with hoses, not screwing to an mfl. Any ideas how I should approach this?
The regulator .. https://www.morebeer.com/products/duotight-inline-regulator-gauge.html
My 2 way ..
20211027_114113.jpg

Thanks HVM. So unscrew the swivel nut at the air distributor, then screw in that fitting - and use a short piece of tubing to push fit the fitting to the secondary regulator. Right? I guess then same thing on other end too. Two fittings and two short tube pieces.

You need this adapter:

https://www.morebeer.com/products/duotight-pushin-fitting-8-mm-516-14-flare.html

They seem to work decent, but they crack once in a while, so I suggest getting a spare or two. Don’t know about the regulator, but I use their blow tie spunding valve and it seems to work well
Don't spray starsan on them to check for leaks ;).
The newer ones have better chemical resistance is my understanding.
I'm guilty of this two when you spray the acid on it evaporates and over time the acid gets concentrated and eats onto the plastic.

Thanks HVM. So unscrew the swivel nut at the air distributor, then screw in that fitting - and use a short piece of tubing to push fit the fitting to the secondary regulator. Right? I guess then same thing on other end too. Two fittings and two short tube pieces.
What thread size are them gas manifold valves 5/16th that Duotight fitting should thread right onto that on/off valve then run that 6mm OD line into your mini reg and out into your gas disconnect using MFL thread.
Yup two of them push fittings and some beer/gas line.

Yeah. Anywhere there’s a flare fitting like on corny keg adapter you can use those adapters. I also bought a fair amount of the tubing because I’m constantly changing something and end up with a piece of tubing that’s too short.

I built my keezer 2 years ago and never looked back. I use duotight everything and a Kegland Mk III regulator. I have 4 duotight secondaries mounted to a board and the primary coming in at 30 PSI. My secondaries are at various pressures - mostly to support a low pressure stout, higher pressure cream ale and other styles. Biggest issue is that you must watch your tubing turn radius - try to turn too tight a curve and you'll get a ton of leaks.

I built my keezer 2 years ago and never looked back. I use duotight everything and a Kegland Mk III regulator. I have 4 duotight secondaries mounted to a board and the primary coming in at 30 PSI. My secondaries are at various pressures - mostly to support a low pressure stout, higher pressure cream ale and other styles. Biggest issue is that you must watch your tubing turn radius - try to turn too tight a curve and you'll get a ton of leaks.
And I've found if You connect and disconnect the beer/gas line over and over this can cause leaks.
Best to trim off the end and start with a fresh end of line.

Just curious - it's called a two way distributor, but there's a plug on the opposite end of the gas in side. Can you undo that and add a third gas out?

Just curious - it's called a two way distributor, but there's a plug on the opposite end of the gas in side. Can you undo that and add a third gas out?
My understanding is you can. Your talking about the gas manifold I bought an extra gas on/off valve for this very purpose when building m keezer. I havnt needed it yet so havnt tried it out. It's the same thread as one of the gas valves.
These manifolds are supposed to be one way so no gas can flow back up the line taking beer at worst case with it.
I've managed to prove that it can:oops:.

Back