Whirlfloc Usage

Do you use Whirlfloc as your kettle fining?

• Yes

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Something Else

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
If people have the time and budget to move to LODO or decoction mashing then good on them ....I like my short brew days so I can pump out 2 batches before lunch !
At a friends we do half barrel batches in a traditional 3 vessel setup with glycol chilling and he hates to admit it but my beer is still better and I don't need a forklift to move a full mash tun

If people have the time and budget to move to LODO or decoction mashing then good on them ....I like my short brew days so I can pump out 2 batches before lunch !
At a friends we do half barrel batches in a traditional 3 vessel setup with glycol chilling and he hates to admit it but my beer is still better and I don't need a forklift to move a full mash tun
Roger that.

It'd be interesting to see the progression through time, not only with clearing agents, but also things like carapils and other adjuncts.
None of what was available ~ 30 years ago.
Also what was actually represented in the glass.
Unfortunately we cant take a snapshot of the past and compare it to today.
I say brew with what makes you happy and what you're good with going into the glass.
For me, the more I brew, the more i'm a purist, but that's me and if my customer doesn't like it, they'll drink elsewhere!
So far, so good!
Cheers,
Brian

We still need to share a bottle, Brian. Do you ever make your way southwest through the state?

We still need to share a bottle, Brian. Do you ever make your way southwest through the state?
When I head south, it's typically down 77 and through Marietta. Occasionally I'll go through Cinci, is either in route?

77 is the other side of the state from me. I'd go 70 to 71 to get to Cleveland from here. Cincy could work.

The tablets never break in half for me, so we approximate and beers turn out great.

The tablets never break in half for me, so we approximate and beers turn out great.
Exactly why I always round up to the nearest whole tablet! :D

its the high humidity here unless you have them in the freezer they get soft here or else im just a beast and too strong lol

No groove on mine. Otherwise I probably would snap them.

I use half a tab and do 23L batches (5.5 gallons I think)

Perfectly clear beers.

Pretty sure could use even less. They aren't particularly expensive though so its not a big deal. I use half so I have to buy them less often purely for convenience.

I use half a tab and do 23L batches (5.5 gallons I think)

Perfectly clear beers.

Pretty sure could use even less. They aren't particularly expensive though so its not a big deal. I use half so I have to buy them less often purely for convenience.
Whatever floats ya boat i say beers good your good;).

Back