Where to get used or refurbished 10-gallon pin lock kegs?

coreyman

Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this not a thing or am I looking at the wrong size/places? I have found a couple on Amazon but I'd like to purchase used/refurb. I'm thinking about doing a 10 gallon brew sooner rather than later and I don't have a keg that would hold the beer. Do most people just use two 5 gallon kegs?

I don't even have a kegerator yet and have been putting these in the fridge, wife is starting to get angry at me for that. Can I stack these on top of each other in a standard kegerator?

I don't think 10 gal exist. Ball lock or pin lock came from the soda industry before they went to the bags. All of them were 5 gallon..

There are companies that make new ones in about any size you need. Most are ball lock though.

https://www.howdybrewer.com/collections/corny-kegs

Its not going to help any but I think the kegs I just saw in Iceland looked like they might have been about ten gallon so they may exist.

I don't think 10 gal exist. Ball lock or pin lock came from the soda industry before they went to the bags. All of them were 5 gallon..

There are companies that make new ones in about any size you need. Most are ball lock though.

https://www.howdybrewer.com/collections/corny-kegs
Torpedo was the 10 gallon I saw on Amazon
Torpedo Ball Lock Keg - 10 gal. | MoreBeer

I can just contact keg makers and they can make a keg to my specs at an affordable price?

I do. Most brewers use ball lock kegs. There are a lot of places that have new, used, and refurbished soda kegs. Just look outside of amazon.

I already went all in on 5-gal pin lock due to the shorter height. I used to buy from kegconnection and I could get the 5-gal pin lock kegs for $34 a piece. They now want $60 each :(

I can just contact keg makers and they can make a keg to my specs at an affordable price?

I already went all in on 5-gal pin lock due to the shorter height. I used to buy from kegconnection and I could get the 5-gal pin lock kegs for $34 a piece. They now want $60 each :(
Could it be done? Yes.... Affordable? Not likely lol
They are getting harder to find, more homebrewers. So they cost more now

Yeah the 10gal is the same price as my 50Lt kegmenter from kegland it boasts a nice 4" triclover pressure lid.

Unlikely. Their machines and parts are set up to make X gallon kegs, you want something different it will most likely be "no" unless you are ordering thousands.

Most of us have used 5 gallon ball lock kegs. Stacking them vertically could be a challenge. There are several used keg vendors, and prices vary. I have never spent over $50 for a keg.

Yeah the 10gal is the same price as my 50Lt kegmenter from kegland it boasts a nice 4" triclover pressure lid.
If you going to do 10 gallon batches, you need a bigger fermenter than 10 gallons because of head room for the yeast. Ben pointed out a really good product for 10 gallon batches. It's basic a beer keg, which means it can be pressurized and is built like a tank.

If you going to do 10 gallon batches, you need a bigger fermenter than 10 gallons because of head room for the yeast. Ben pointed out a really good product for 10 gallon batches. It's basic a beer keg, which means it can be pressurized and is built like a tank.
Thank you! I was going to buy a separate fermentation chamber. Don't really want to ferment in my finished product keg and transfer the liquid around double the number of times to get rid of the trub. However, I might need to look into it because I always ferment hot :D

• Fermenting under pressure, allowing co2 to exit via the relief valve, reduces esters and fusel alcohol production allowing you to ferment at warmer temperatures

Back