Where Is Everyone?

Discussion in 'General Brewing Discussions' started by Nosybear, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Nosybear

Nosybear Well-Known Member

Been awfully quiet in here lately.... What's everyone up to? As for me, you can always check up on me at my blog but I've been brewing very little. I'm currently on a business trip but intend to start using one-gallon BIAB batches to dial in a Baltic Porter recipe. Anyone up to anything interesting?

2. Brewer1056

Brewer1056 New Member

Post the recipe!

3. The Brew Mentor

The Brew Mentor Well-Known Member

Ive been buzy with the shop but have certainly noticed a fall off in participation.
    I started a brewers only forum in the shop recently and have had a tremendous amount of positive feedback.
    We're already doing some group activities with everyone taking part.
    At our next meeting we'll be evaluating 17 different hops in a dry hop situation.
    In the next month or 2 we'll be all brewing the same beer and then critiqueing them, then re-brewing them to see how closely we can get them and hopefully help everyone dial in there process.
    Should be fun
    Brian

4. Ozarks Mountain Brew

Staff Member

IT Managment
    Holiday madness I guess, Ive had a terrible time with a slight flu like virus, its been dragging on for weeks, not really been drinking much but finally (Late) started my holiday brews, just dry hopped Dogfish Head 90 minute and brewing a large batch of Towhead Tuesday, should last through Christmas I hope

5. sbaclimber

sbaclimber Well-Known Member

I think I have been quiet, because I am fairly happy with production right at the moment. :D
    Did manage screw up and neglect to put in my next supplies order until the day before I was planning on bottling my X-Mas Ale (Part 2), when I remembered that I only had 10 caps left... :cry:
    Caps just arrived. I might have to take off work early today to go do some bottling. :lol:

6. Nosybear

Nosybear Well-Known Member

I'm on business travel right now or I'd be working on the Baltic Porter recipe. Once I get it dialed in I'll post.

7. Austin

Austin Member

Coughing non stop for weeks? We got something like that and it's taken us forever to get over. My son (2) has had it the longest. It breaks my heart to hear him cough at night.

8. sbaclimber

That is definitely rough. We went through it last winter pretty bad. The ironic thing was my 3yro would cough continuously, but still be sleeping. Needless to say, no one else was sleeping. :roll:
    The only that helped was trying out every cough syrup under the sun until finding one that actually caused some relief...for a few hours at a time at least.

9. sbaclimber

PS, ended up doing just that. :D
    Tasted soooo good right out the fermenter! I am definitely loving using US-05 and the newest German hops for "G"PAs.

10. SwampWater

SwampWater Member

I am busy brewing for the Christmas season. Got 4 carboys fermenting right now. I have two more brew sessions in the planning stages for Dec. 25 & 26. My wife works at a hospital so I am all alone with brewing equipment. Doing yeast starters right now.

11. Austin

Austin Member

A humidifier with some cough suppressant (I don't remember the name) has worked really well for us.