What to Do With Chocolate Malt

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
A couple nights ago I scored a pound of free Viking Chocolate Malt (350 degrees L). So now I'm wondering what to do with it! I love Stouts, browns, browns and Porters but don't have a good, reliable recipe. So, any suggestions?

Or should I possibly take a chance and do a Munich Dunkel or something along those lines with the Chocolate?

Your ideas are welcome....

Some sort of winter milk stout? Definitely something for those snowy Colorado nights by the fire

Was doing some more research last night - I'm tending in the direction of a Robust Porter. I'd do a Baltic Porter but there are two carboys full of wine cold-crashing in my lagering fridge. They'll be in residence there until January, so I can do one lager at a time and I have one that started fermenting yesterday. So it's now cool enough that I can secondary a Robust Porter in the basement, looks like my beer.

I use chocolate and any darker grains very sparingly, they seem to cloud up and have more sediment and too much is just unnecessary, a little goes a long way

Back