What do you dislike the most in brewing beer?

What do I dislike about brewing?
Nothing! Nothing at all!

Cleaning on the other hand, there are many things that I dislike about cleaning!

Okay, fine, so if I miss my numbers I have moment, but I forge ahead...

What do I dislike about brewing?
Nothing! Nothing at all!

Cleaning on the other hand, there are many things that I dislike about cleaning!
Yeah I might change mine to cleaning. I'm still brewing in the kitchen on the stove top. And whoever designed the kitchens in my complex didn't put in vent hoods but instead vent fans mounted to the wall beside the stove. Also happens the vent is at about the same height as the top of my kettle. So basically a lot of the steam escapes and coats the ceiling and tops of the wall with residue. My wife actually doesn't mind that it does that, just expects me to clean it. Then everything in the kitchen just ends up wet one way or another. There was a puddle yesterday on the laminate floor while I was cleaning up the other kitchen surfaces that my toddler decided he wanted to sit in and play :confused:
Then on my previous bottling day I had taken apart my bottle filler to clean it out and I dropped the spring down the sink. I've used the bottle filler once... So I was left with the options of taking drain apart or buying a new one. So I bought another one. Going to have to be more careful cause I really need to get more than 1 use out of these things

What I dislike the most about brewing.....waiting. Brew it, ferment it, bottle condition it...I have to wait 4 weeks from brew day :p

Yeah I might change mine to cleaning. I'm still brewing in the kitchen on the stove top. And whoever designed the kitchens in my complex didn't put in vent hoods but instead vent fans mounted to the wall beside the stove. Also happens the vent is at about the same height as the top of my kettle. So basically a lot of the steam escapes and coats the ceiling and tops of the wall with residue. My wife actually doesn't mind that it does that, just expects me to clean it. Then everything in the kitchen just ends up wet one way or another. There was a puddle yesterday on the laminate floor while I was cleaning up the other kitchen surfaces that my toddler decided he wanted to sit in and play :confused:
Then on my previous bottling day I had taken apart my bottle filler to clean it out and I dropped the spring down the sink. I've used the bottle filler once... So I was left with the options of taking drain apart or buying a new one. So I bought another one. Going to have to be more careful cause I really need to get more than 1 use out of these things
The other day it was raining here so I decided to brew inside. inside also happens to be my office. It was raining from the ceiling! I hope my books are ok :p

The wind! I brew in my back yard and the dang wind causes more problems than anything else!

The wind! I brew in my back yard and the dang wind causes more problems than anything else!
That's why I went to electric (induction) heating indoors. The wind here in Colorado can blow your brew pot, wort and all, from here to Kansas on a bad day.... I do get rain from the AC ducts in the basement ceiling, though.

That's why I went to electric (induction) heating indoors. The wind here in Colorado can blow your brew pot, wort and all, from here to Kansas on a bad day.... I do get rain from the AC ducts in the basement ceiling, though.
I thought about getting a propane burner but the idea of doing something so dependent on good sanitation on my patio with no shelter from the wind or elements is a little off-putting. I definitely want to get out of the kitchen at some point though

I created a windscreen from an unused piece of sheet metal. I flattened it out and folded into a V shape. The burner and pot wedges inside the V and the corner of the V points into the wind. I know I've got a picture somewhere. I'll post if I can find it.

I thought about getting a propane burner but the idea of doing something so dependent on good sanitation on my patio with no shelter from the wind or elements is a little off-putting. I definitely want to get out of the kitchen at some point though
I use a 3500 watt induction cooktop, requires 220v. It'll get to a boil in less than 30 mins, of course, up here a boil is 202 degrees.

Gotta say, I'm not a big fan of the cleaning. I don't like it. I do it and do it well, but it blows. I'll be happy when someday I don't have to keep bringing all my stuff up from the basement also. But I've told the wife I'm not doing anymore remodeling till the nest is emptied out some.

I have a new answer:
IMG_20200902_181817.jpg
Thanks @Nosybear for helping me figure out how to handle it. I was too afraid to touch it not knowing if any little move might set it off

Yep, the wind has been blowing like crazy here the last couple days. But managed to get my cider bottled at 06.30, before the wind came up again

I created a windscreen from an unused piece of sheet metal. I flattened it out and folded into a V shape. The burner and pot wedges inside the V and the corner of the V points into the wind. I know I've got a picture somewhere. I'll post if I can find it.

I brewed today and took a picture of my wind screen.
IMG_20200907_122402610.jpg

Brewing outdoors in temperature extremes became unbearable as I got older. Finally got an electric al in one system and now brew in the comfort of our kitchen.

Well, I've only had a few brew days thus far, so maybe I'll find something I dislike with time, but so far I've got no complaints. Even cleaning up the kitchen beforehand doesn't bother me. Plus, my partner loves it because I clean the kitchen before and after so I'm always in her good books by the end of the day!

Back