What did you get delivered today

Not exactly delivered, but look at what my brother made me (sci-fi nerd alert):

70701491929--5A5C6002-E382-4BEC-AEC2-CF234D11AAA2.jpg

Hoping to avoid Walmart. This is about 1/5 the cost per gallon.

Not only for brewing, but for drinking water too

View attachment 25626
Some of them trace minerals are good for you man.

I've never drunk RO water before

But TBH I've seen quite a few under the sink jobbies on my travels here locally

that is what this is designed to be. but we live in a rental and I am not installing it, lol.

if you tasted our water, you wouldnt want to drink it . I am sure there is nothing unheathly about it. but it taste bad. high in iron and carbonate

that is what this is designed to be. but we live in a rental and I am not installing it, lol.

if you tasted our water, you wouldnt want to drink it . I am sure there is nothing unheathly about it. but it taste bad. high in iron and carbonate
Sounds like the water where I grew up it was so hard calcium scale used to build up around the tap outlets.

Sounds like the water where I grew up it was so hard calcium scale used to build up around the tap outlets.
Yup does that here too. Have to buy a new shower head every few years

Nestle Water in Red Boiling Springs, TN was one of my customers when I still worked for GE. I got to try “pure” water at the bottling plant. I wished I hadn’t. It was like tasteless slime, straight out of the RO process. Water has to have some minerals to have any taste at all, and to harden it so that it isn’t slimy feeling. The two major additions were Calcium Chloride and Iodide. Their whole purpose for RO processing was to get pure water that they could “flavor” the way they wanted to sell it. Pretty cool experience, but not something I want to repeat.

Nestle Water in Red Boiling Springs, TN was one of my customers when I still worked for GE. I got to try “pure” water at the bottling plant. I wished I hadn’t. It was like tasteless slime, straight out of the RO process. Water has to have some minerals to have any taste at all, and to harden it so that it isn’t slimy feeling. The two major additions were Calcium Chloride and Iodide. Their whole purpose for RO processing was to get pure water that they could “flavor” the way they wanted to sell it. Pretty cool experience, but not something I want to repeat.

I grew up in the next town over from Red Boiling Springs (actually went to summer camp there a couple of times as a kid). I always found it ironic that Nestle set up shop in a town known for its high mineral content water, only to strip it all out and add their own concoction for bottling.

I grew up in the next town over from Red Boiling Springs (actually went to summer camp there a couple of times as a kid). I always found it ironic that Nestle set up shop in a town known for its high mineral content water, only to strip it all out and add their own concoction for bottling.
The funny part is that they take great pride in showing off their spring to interested visitors/vendors. Then, they start explaining what they do to the water and why.

I grew up near a similar natural spring that was actually a health resort prior to the Civil War, and was frequented by gamblers and wealthy socialites of the time who were traveling by steamboat on the Tombigbee River. I’m still puzzled how anything that smells so rank as the water from Bladon Springs could have ever been considered fit to drink, let alone healthy.

Back