What are you listening to now

I LOVE Pink Floyd, but the best head music is "Starship Troopers" by Yes. And the Floyd stuff - If you haven't lost your mind by the end of A Saucerful of Secrets, it was gone anyway LOL.

Now I don't know whether to listen to Pink Floyd or Yes! And don't suggest I listen to both at the same time for that way madness lies! :confused:

Al Stewart’s The Year of the Cat is on the radio right now. My family had that on 8-track back in the day.

Wow..talk about someone big that didn't fade away...he just disappeared!

Wow..talk about someone big that didn't fade away...he just disappeared!
No he didn’t. Al Stewart and his newest band will be playing here in Eugene, Oregon at The Hult Center in the coming weeks. Local public radio station KRVM 91.9 FM plays his music somewhat often, and there was a recent announcement about the upcoming concert.
Apparently, there is some new music that I have not yet checked out.

No he didn’t. Al Stewart and his newest band will be playing here in Eugene, Oregon at The Hult Center in the coming weeks. Local public radio station KRVM 91.9 FM plays his music somewhat often, and there was a recent announcement about the upcoming concert.
Apparently, there is some new music that I have not yet checked out.

I had no idea and this shows how out of touch I have become to music today

I had no idea and this shows how out of touch I have become to music today
Not that I follow him or anything, just luck that the local fm radio likes to play his music. Check it out - if you have “Alexa” or similar, ask it to play KRVM. 75 years on the FM dial from Eugene, Oregon at 91.9, public radio. All music, all the time, with lots of different shows.

Brewing tunes
20230826_080030.jpg
20230826_080347.jpg

First Sinead and now Jimmy RIP you will be missed. There will probably be a lot of Dire Straits and Jimmy Buffett on at work tomorrow.

First decided to listen to some really old Styx tonight so picked out the Crystal Ball album. Then had to get my Cars fix so am listening to Candy-O now. The homebrew experiment tastes perfect this week so had to dig out some good tunes.

I was coming home from the brewery and my thumbdrive happened to play some Mudcrutch. Decided to listen to a whole album. Tom Petty was another one that really hurt after he passed, and I absolutetly love the first Mudcrutch album. The second one I'm starting to like a lot too.
More recently, I found a few of his songs on the Angel Dream album where the lyrics were just so funny, I just about lost it at work one day.

Last edited:
I was coming home from the brewery and my thumbdrive happened to play some Mudcrutch. Decided to listen to a whole album. Tom Petty was another one that really hurt after he passed, and I absolutetly love the first Mudcrutch album. The second one I'm starting to like a lot too.
+1

I love that first album and “Crystal River” especially. 9 minutes of ethereal bliss.

First decided to listen to some really old Styx tonight so picked out the Crystal Ball album. Then had to get my Cars fix so am listening to Candy-O now. The homebrew experiment tastes perfect this week so had to dig out some good tunes.
Love the Cars

+1

I love that first album and “Crystal River” especially. 9 minutes of ethereal bliss.
Me too. Some of the songs on that first album are soooo Florida.

One more, I just found the pre Yardbirds version of Dazed and Confused. Very cool.

Another one that really hurt when he passed. They have at least three very, very cool albums.
Yeah two of them are gone :(

I’m listening to The Cars on shuffle now while I’m winding down. Elliot Easton is a super underrated guitarist

Back