What are you doing with homebrew today?

I'm brewing an experimental low alcohol beer today.
Giving my bucket fermenter a good clean as I don't use it often
Care to elaborate?

How you going about the low alcohol bit just using a small grist mashing short using high kiln caramel malts?
Low attenuating yeast.

Practising vacume distilling lol.
Sorry just curious

Did a little bit of prep for brew day tomorrow, last batch O' the year ESB.
Planning to do a mid 4's ABV hazy after that.
After a dry January I should have 4 taps pouring.
After the low ABV hazy will be doing a Wee Heavy, think I have a good plan put together for that.

Care to elaborate?

How you going about the low alcohol bit just using a small grist mashing short using high kiln caramel malts?
Low attenuating yeast.

Practising vacume distilling lol.
Sorry just curious
Small grain bill.

One of my first beers where I milled the grains myself had a very very low efficiency, mostly due to a coarse crush.
It was supposed to be a blonde, but tasted more like an ipa, like a vedett 2.7
So I took that recipe, reduced grains to fit the OG, milled and brewed as usual and now we wait and see
Hopefully comes out as a drinkable, around 3% IPA :)

Last experiment of the year. I'm going to try and brew a nearly 10% lager using extract. I've got the mini mash almost done. Wish me luck.
Interesting a high ABV "light" beer, would like to see the stat line on this
1703771334309.png

Just catching up on here, having toast and coffee, then it is time to make beer, strike water is ready and patiently waiting!

Later I’ll clean my fermzi and harvest the slurry. Then I’ll transfer my bitter to that keg.

Getting set for a brew day for another round of my Baltic porter recipe. I loved this recipe last time, so I'm looking forward to having it on tap again. I had a subscriber on Twitch request the recipe, so I'll be streaming my brew day at noon EST at twitch.tv/sunf1re96.
Anyone can watch, but you'll need a verified Twitch account to comment in chat.

image.jpg
Smooth Stout has been bottled. This batch used 7 week old slurry of Wyeast 1332 to take 1.054 wort down to 1.013, right on target for abv ~5.4%. With an empty fermenter and a measured bag of grain ready, I will finally get to brewing my final batch of the year on the final day of the year. However, I need to go to lhbs to get a new spigot for my FerMonster - the spigot threads are very worn, just so ready to throw a batch. On my way so Red Wheat for Winter can be made.

I am getting ready to brew Red Wheat for Winter, after having made some minor adjustments to the recipe. On the hops additions, I boosted the bittering with Nugget, moved the additions of Mandarina Bavaria later in the boil, and added a charge of fresh tangerine zest late in the boil.

Back