What are you doing with homebrew today?

Temperature monitoring. Fermenter/keg got a little warm last night. I usually check in he middle of the night but slept through it. Only hit 70 so I’m not worried. Been releasing pressure since yesterday even though my sounding valve is is wide open. Once it gets to 1.020 I’m going to add some EKG and turn the valve to 12 psi. Should get to 1.014 once it’s finished so I should have some good pressure to build up. I do think the yeast worked slower from the pressure build up from Saturday to Sunday morning, there was quite a bit to bleed off.

Temperature monitoring. Fermenter/keg got a little warm last night. I usually check in he middle of the night but slept through it. Only hit 70 so I’m not worried. Been releasing pressure since yesterday even though my sounding valve is is wide open. Once it gets to 1.020 I’m going to add some EKG and turn the valve to 12 psi. Should get to 1.014 once it’s finished so I should have some good pressure to build up. I do think the yeast worked slower from the pressure build up from Saturday to Sunday morning, there was quite a bit to bleed off.
Pressure fermenting, a Tilt, man Josh, you are all in!

Down to 1.025 so I went ahead and addded dry hops. Now a little scary, as I can turn the dial but won’t know how much pressure is being released, until it builds up and registers on the dial.

I bottled about 1.5 gal of brown and now it's time to clean the fermenter! This will be my last homebrew for quite a while, but I'll make sure to come check on y'all and post pictures of the great VA craft beers I'll be ingesting!

I bottled about 1.5 gal of brown and now it's time to clean the fermenter! This will be my last homebrew for quite a while, but I'll make sure to come check on y'all and post pictures of the great VA craft beers I'll be ingesting!
Road trip blog with photos. Please.

I wish you a safe trip, and I am looking forward to hearing about your adventures along the way!

Wondering if a 2 litre starter for a 4 litre batch of an imperial stout is going to be enough.

PXL_20210525_111921799.jpg

Down to 1.025 so I went ahead and addded dry hops. Now a little scary, as I can turn the dial but won’t know how much pressure is being released, until it builds up and registers on the dial.
I turned the spunding valve off completely once, just in case I had the dial the wrong way around. Thought there's no risk. I'll pay attention.

Work calls and of course I get distracted. Ended up spending the afternoon cleaning half fermented beer off the ferm fridge and floor.

Only 1 point from predicted FG. Not as much pressure built up as I expected considering how much I had to bleed off Sunday and Monday morning. I imagine I’ll get few more points though. Whatever carbonation I have it’s a good learning experience. Maybe I’ll close it off sooner next time.

Only 1 point from predicted FG. Not as much pressure built up as I expected considering how much I had to bleed off Sunday and Monday morning. I imagine I’ll get few more points though. Whatever carbonation I have it’s a good learning experience. Maybe I’ll close it off sooner next time.
I'm pretty sure if 4-5 points from expected final gravity.
If you want to know a beer potential FG before hand you can do a fast ferment test in a sepperate container. But the BF prediction isn't usually to far off the money.

Yeah next run through you'll be more confident with this spund method.
Using your tilt you should be able to catch it before it's

I'm pretty sure if 4-5 points from expected final gravity.
If you want to know a beer potential FG before hand you can do a fast ferment test in a sepperate container. But the BF prediction isn't usually to far off the money.

Yeah next run through you'll be more confident with this spund method.
Using your tilt you should be able to catch it before it's
Yeah I didn’t expect it to get that close that fast. I should have left it alone when it was 8-9 points off but didn’t. Oh well like you said next time I’ll be more prepared. I also think I didn’t have something tight and left air out when I turned the knob.

Last edited:
Yeah I didn’t expect it to get that close that fast. I should have left it alone when it was 8-9 points off but didn’t. Oh well like you said next time I’ll be more prepared. I also think I didn’t have something tight and left air out when I turned the knob.
Oh easily done I've had a few like that.

This will be my last homebrew for quite a while, but I'll make sure to come check on y'all and post pictures of the great VA craft beers I'll be ingesting!
Where are you headed? NOVA, Richmond or the interior? Lotta good stuff to chose from!

Last edited:

Back