What are you doing with homebrew today?

All done with Frankenbeer II. In the fermenter in the freezer letting the yeastie beasties do what they do. Put in two packets of S33. Starting out at about 65F. Gonna let it do what it will up to 67 until Saturday, then drop the temp down to 60F and hold it there for a week. Then, I'll bump back up to 67F if it'll go that high for a few days, then crash it at 40F the day before bottling. Still nudging the missus and the kids to ask Santa to bring me a Tilt for Christmas. It'll be a lot more interesting to see the effects of temperature on the fermenting.

Not quite done makin' homemade hooch yet. The missus wants to put on a batch of apple wine tonight too. No biggie, though. It's a concentrate and pretty much just needs a good stirring.

Centrifuge , maybe with a 5 hp Briggs and Stratton motor to swing two 5 gallon cornies at a time , hmmm.......
If you're gonna go, go big. PTO driven one behind a tractor, swing 6 kegs at a time. WOOT! I can only imagine the shaking if they didn't all have PRECISELY the same amount of weight. Gives a whole new meaning to spin-cycle with an unbalanced load.

Disassembled the kettle and fittings for a thorough cleaning. Not too worried about critters in the kettle because everything gets hot for sustained periods. But, had a little scorched wort in the ball valve (because it's close to the burner and gets EFFIN' HOT when boiling) that needed cleaning, as well as a little build up in the nipples and bulkheads, and around the thermometer. All nice and shiny again. Swapped out the brass hose barb on the ball valve for a stainless QD while I was at it. Now, the only thing I have to wrangle hose and clamp for is the barb on the adapter flange for the fermenter ball valve. I'm thinking drill out the flange, thread it for 1/2" NPT, and put the other male QD I got yesterday. Gonna want a spare on hand in case I 'hose' it up. Pun intended.

Considering a hotplate so I can control mash temps a bit better as well as heating sparge water at the same time I'm heating the strike with the dragon. Any suggestions about size to heat a couple gallons of water in a double bottom stainless pot?

Centrifuge , maybe with a 5 hp Briggs and Stratton motor to swing two 5 gallon cornies at a time , hmmm.......

If you're gonna go, go big. PTO driven one behind a tractor, swing 6 kegs at a time. WOOT! I can only imagine the shaking if they didn't all have PRECISELY the same amount of weight. Gives a whole new meaning to spin-cycle with an unbalanced load.

Glad I don't live close to you guys! :p

Bottling? What is this bottling of which you speak?
Never mind i thought you were bottling some kolsch for a competition musta read that wrong.

Thought you might post a pic of the clarity is all.
I believe you but you know picture speaks a thousand words;);)

Toasting some rolled oats for @jmcnamara brown thought it'd add to the flavour
20221029_070131.jpg

Just lightly toasting
And kettle is heating up
20221029_064757.jpg

Yup she's like a little girl now definitely not a baby no more she even loves to tell me off already lol!:p

What's that old expression? When they are little...you can't wait for them to walk and talk....when they get older, you just want them to sit down and shut up!

Back