What are you doing with homebrew today?

Checked the Oatmeal Stout again. Temp dropped to 63F, and bubbling very slowly, so apparently yeast activity is backing off. Only 6 days. Good distinctive trub in collector ball. Think I'll order ingredients for another batch and just repitch after I install the sample spigot when I package this batch. Trying to select a good refractometer, so willing to hear any recommendations. I'm thinking anything that does 0-32% Brix should do the trick, and I think I'd prefer on that does direct SG readings on it as well. Hard to pick from so many models available on Amazon.

Checked the Oatmeal Stout again. Temp dropped to 63F, and bubbling very slowly, so apparently yeast activity is backing off. Only 6 days. Good distinctive trub in collector ball. Think I'll order ingredients for another batch and just repitch after I install the sample spigot when I package this batch. Trying to select a good refractometer, so willing to hear any recommendations. I'm thinking anything that does 0-32% Brix should do the trick, and I think I'd prefer on that does direct SG readings on it as well. Hard to pick from so many models available on Amazon.
Brewer's Friend has some great articles about how to use refractometers for brewing. Here's a good place to start
https://www.brewersfriend.com/2013/...rrectly-for-maximum-accuracy-in-home-brewing/

I’ve had my eye on this one…. https://milwaukeeinstruments.com/mi...MI3eeHg8289QIV0MmUCR3XqQN8EAAYASAAEgKHzPD_BwE

image.jpg
I just bottled my Azacca pale ale. It looks, smells and tastes good. This time I increased the hops, especially dry hops, where Citra and Mosaic play a supporting role. I look forward to pouring these.

View attachment 19045 I just bottled my Azacca pale ale. It looks, smells and tastes good. This time I increased the hops, especially dry hops, where Citra and Mosaic play a supporting role. I look forward to pouring these.
I applaud those who bottle their brew, that process could be enough to discourage me from brewing after a while.
Mind you there is the satisfaction of looking at those lovely bottles all lined up like that!

I applaud those who bottle their brew, that process could be enough to discourage me from brewing after a while.
Mind you there is the satisfaction of looking at those lovely bottles all lined up like that!
Thanks for the flowers. Bottling ain't for everyone. There's a lot of labor in it. The only advantage to bottles that I can think of is being able to keep several different brews on the shelf to keep the taste buds amused. All I need to do now is brew more often.:rolleyes:

I'm trying to design a better set up for milling.
I mill by hand and that crank thing is very much in the way for my design!
But...
I think I plan D is going to work ;)
No drill Zambezi that I'm sure takes the labour out of it.

Back