So I brewed the following IPA this past Saturday: http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... ing-eye-pa I had to make an on-the-fly mod, as the bag with my ingredients sprung a leak and I think I might have lost the .5oz addition of Columbus. Either that, or my LHBS shorted me, which was not the case because I remember him measuring it out. In any case, I subbed .5oz of the 2oz Amarillo, but that's beside the point. According to the recipe calculator, I should have ended up with an OG in the neighborhood of 1.066; the measurement I took, however, was 1.074. I've found that my actual results are pretty close to the calculator, maybe .002 or .004 off, but being .008 off seems like a lot. I didn't utilize a lot in the way of steeping grains, so I'm just wondering where I could have gotten out of hand here. Unless I really messed up with the candi sugar and dumped in WAY more than I thought I was measuring.