Water Testing

Texas Ale Works

Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless someone knows a better place, I am about to send the water from my new house to be tested. I can't remember what test I ordered the last time but I feel like it was missing some key items in the report.

What test do you guys recommend for use with BF.

Thanks in advance

T

LOL, the better place ai was taking about was Wards, I have used them before, no issues with them, just forgot to add that to the post. I can't type as fast as I can think.

THX

Unless someone knows a better place, I am about to send the water from my new house to be tested. I can't remember what test I ordered the last time but I feel like it was missing some key items in the report.

What test do you guys recommend for use with BF.

Thanks in advance

T
You mentioned being somewhere in my area - what is your water supply? If you're on a well, testing is your only option but if you're on a municipal supply, they've already done the testing, at least close enough for our purposes.

Thought so. If you're on municipal water, you can get a report. Problem is, they might not report all the ions we're interested in. Aurora does but we have LOTS of brewers up here and I guess the engineers got tired of telling us how much calcium, magnesium, sodium, chloride, sulfate and carbonate was in the water. There's a bunch of stuff they're required by law to report, some they aren't so it might be hit-or-miss but it's a place to start. Your water report is available here:

http://www.townofmonument.org/373/Water-Quality-Reports

But you'll have to call the water department to get a lot of the information we need.

I sent them a message already, hope to hear back soon-ish.
I am still a bit away from my first brew day, hope no later than July. My new mill will arrive tomorrow.
Really need to sell some of my equipment I am not going to use anymore....

Back