Water Chemistry not updating to Recipe other ingredients

Reaction score
After doing the water and mash chemistry, the recipe says it's updated and the link is there, but the salt and acid additions are not showing in 'other ingredients' anymore. It used to work fine. Is there a solution to this?

upload_2022-8-16_11-50-47.png

upload_2022-8-16_11-51-27.png

upload_2022-8-16_11-52-14.png

Thanks for reaching out @rbliftoff@hotmail.com, would you be able to check on the beta site, Beta.brewersfriend.com? We have a patch that's 90% ready that may be resolving your issue but with the language difference I can't follow your recipes version history for other ingredients. I have no idea what "Karwei" is for example.

Beta doesn't work either. I update water chemistry, reload profile, save/update, go back to recipe, update, save recipe (that's a stupid amount of steps wtf?), and it doesn't show up. I've just been adding them manually it's much easier.

Hi there,

I had a similar issue when I was trying to add acid additions (CRS) and 1 g of salt to my Crisp Kolsch recipe. Mine hung with 'updating' but I noticed that the 'Other Ingredients' fields had been partially updated with info from the salt addition.

I went back to the mash chemistry, deleted the salt addition and saved it. I then reloaded the recipe and this time updated and successfully added the CRS. I was able to add the salt back in to mash chemistry, save it and update the recipe. Got there in the end!

The beta site did not fix the problem.

Than
Hi there,

I had a similar issue when I was trying to add acid additions (CRS) and 1 g of salt to my Crisp Kolsch recipe. Mine hung with 'updating' but I noticed that the 'Other Ingredients' fields had been partially updated with info from the salt addition.

I went back to the mash chemistry, deleted the salt addition and saved it. I then reloaded the recipe and this time updated and successfully added the CRS. I was able to add the salt back in to mash chemistry, save it and update the recipe. Got there in the end!

The beta site did not fix the problem.

Thank you for the info- please let us know if something like this happens again in the future.

Back