Water Chemistry for Juicy Beers

Wait, maybe I lied, the beer above got 2oz tangerine peel (dried, from the LHBS) added for the duration of the whirlpool. Does that count as adding fruit?
Well, I was thinking of zest or peel as “fruit” in general. I suppose a purée would technically be considered adding fruit. I have a milkshake NEIPA recipe that includes tangerine zest. It’s awesome.

Last edited:
Reading this I will have to try this 3:1 NEIPA water profile on next hoppy Blond just to see what this is all about...

@Craigerrr if it's juicy that beer looks on the money to me!

As for fruit passionfruit pulp added 530g in latest Hoppy Blond I recon that's enough let's hope my whirlpool pasturisation method works fingers crossed.

I'm seeing many different water profiles for juicy NEIPA's and now I'm confused. What is a good water profile for a juicy NEIPA? Here's what I was going to use for my next beer. Ca+2 = 60, Mg+2 = 5, Na+ = 10, Cl= 95, SO4 = 55. To get here from my water, I need to add the following: 1g = Gypsum, 5.5g = Calcium Chloride, 2.6g = Epsom Salt. What so you guys think?

Moe, Larry, The water!:(

I'm seeing many different water profiles for juicy NEIPA's and now I'm confused. What is a good water profile for a juicy NEIPA? Here's what I was going to use for my next beer. Ca+2 = 60, Mg+2 = 5, Na+ = 10, Cl= 95, SO4 = 55. To get here from my water, I need to add the following: 1g = Gypsum, 5.5g = Calcium Chloride, 2.6g = Epsom Salt. What so you guys think?

I really depends on how you like your mouthfeel, creamy or crisper, kind of malty too or only hoppy

I personally think that is a good profile, 2:1 CL:S04. If you want more haze, and juice, maybe go 3:1.

Back