Very new- help

Brewer #224116

Trial Member
Reaction score
i brewed one batch of porter about six years ago- had two kids and packed it all up. I just recently got the bug to start brewing again. Pretty sure I have everything. Nothing fancy. Trew Brew beginners kit but why do have three buckets?
Hmmm

I will go through and clean everything- check for dry rot on the gaskets. But any tips for jumping again?

I watched a bunch of videos leading up to my first batch a little over a year ago, helped me a lot. My first kit was a Northern Brewer starter kit with ingredients for an extract batch with some steeping grains. They had a good video online that helped too. Three buckets... Fermenter, bottling bucket, and maybe one to sit on? Good luck, keep us posted on your progress!

Looks like two fermenting buckets. Maybe I planned to make twice as much.

Thanks for the respond. Any tips on good ingredient kits

Do you have a local home brew shop? If you do, stopping in to talk about what you want to brew, and how you plan to brew it might help. You could also buy a kit online. Are you planning on doing an extract brew?

I should point out that there is a beginner's brewing tutorial thread right here on Brewers Friend. It is right above this very post.

i brewed one batch of porter about six years ago- had two kids and packed it all up. I just recently got the bug to start brewing again. Pretty sure I have everything. Nothing fancy. Trew Brew beginners kit but why do have three buckets?
Hmmm

I will go through and clean everything- check for dry rot on the gaskets. But any tips for jumping again?
How's the porter :p.
As Craig pointed out there is a brew torial it might help a bit for the step by step kinda thing and ya man Palmer we all know he wrote the bible on brewing kinda:).
Cheers were all ears (well eyes really) if you run into any trouble.​

Hmmm

Do a kit. Find something light, fizzy and yellow and brew it until it comes out the same every time. You won't do that, so here's my next bit of advice: Replace everything rubber or plastic and become OCD about sanitation.

Back