Very malty taste

You can use Aluminum, but boil some water in it first to get a layer of oxidation on it. It shouldn't be shiny.
Also in cleaning after, only use something like PBW and a wash cloth, nothing like a scotchbrite pad!
It sounds like you had old LME and salty water, so I'd start by addressing those 2 issues.
Good luck
Brian
I would be very limited when using PBW on Aluminum. It is still a Caustic cleaner and will strip the oxide and can pit the Aluminum if left in contact for too long.

Just a scrub daddy and some cold water should be more then sufficient to clean Aluminum.

I actually used my Caustic Cleaner(cir-q-late), Diluted to clean one of the kitchen guy's fuckups in a heavy aluminum pot. lol it was shinny as fuck after a touch of scrubbing.

I cleaned my tanks yesturday and noticed that one of the kitchen guys had left an aluminum dust pan in the an area that puddles and the edge was in diluted caustic from my CIP. It was shinny and foamy lol.

I have seen a tree frog jump into a small amount of sodium hydroxide(50%) and completely disappear within 24hrs. like gone.

I have seen a tree frog jump into a small amount of sodium hydroxide(50%) and completely disappear within 24hrs. like gone.
I wonder if that's where Jimmy Hoffa ended up?

Back