Upgrade membership with paypal?

Brewer #40102

Trial Member
Reaction score
When I created my account, I payed with paypal. Now I need to renew the membership but only got the option to pay with credit card. I only have paypal.
How can I pay with pay pal ?

Sorry, we don't use Paypal at this time. You can use a credit or debit card through that link. You can be assured that the CC mechanism we use is 100% secured through Stripe payment processing (stripe.com).

I would appreciate it if you'd offer the option to extend premium with a single year instead of subscription only. I got around it my buying myself a gift card for a year, but I really think you shouldn't be trying to force people into buying subscriptions.

It's a common practice. iTunes does it. Many companies will give you a free month of service, but you have to give them your credit card number to get it. And part of that agreement is that you'll be billed monthly until you cancel. Heck, Onstar once sent me a letter telling me they were going to start charging my credit card for new service on a car that I never had service on. I once had service on another car, but no longer had service on any of them. That lit me up! I was yelling at them so loud they couldn't understand me.

Last edited:
Just have another beer jeffpn :p yes you gotta keep track of these things especially with the ciber crime going on there are some smart IT cookies out there.

I would appreciate it if you'd offer the option to extend premium with a single year instead of subscription only. I got around it my buying myself a gift card for a year, but I really think you shouldn't be trying to force people into buying subscriptions.

You can sign up, pay, and then immediately cancel the subscription so it won't recur if you don't want to have the subscription renew. Since we charge the credit card for the new year when the current year expires, this effectively cancels the recurring subscription. The recurring charge is great for those (like me) who procrastinate renewing and then find themselves without the software, but we know that for some they prefer to do it annually.

You can sign up, pay, and then immediately cancel the subscription so it won't recur if you don't want to have the subscription renew. Since we charge the credit card for the new year when the current year expires, this effectively cancels the recurring subscription. The recurring charge is great for those (like me) who procrastinate renewing and then find themselves without the software, but we know that for some they prefer to do it annually.
Yes, I'd like to keep tabs on my expenses and make a deliberate decision to renew or not. I feel that works better with yearly reminders than with subscriptions. It seems everyone wants a subscription for pretty much everything, even charity... I hate that.

Both the absence of paypal (I'd be willing to pay the paypal transfer fee) as well as the 'forced subscription' were two hurdles I had to take. You're lucky I like your software ;-) Regarding paypal, also keep in mind that having a credit card is not a given in every country. In the Netherlands for example there's no need to have a credit card at all for day to day business, so a lot of people don't have one.

Back