Underpitched yeast

Yeast works on its own schedule, not yours. I've had that yeast finish active fermentation and start to drop clear after 2 to 3 days in an environment controlled to 66F +/-2. Higher fermentation temperatures will often cause faster fermentation. You might give the bucket a swirl to help keep the yeast in suspension. It is a highly flocculent strain and can start to drop out early under some conditions.

yeah sometimes fermentation takes a little while I had an ipa that didn't start fermenting till 4 days in but it seems like its fermenting now so cool when its done check your final gravity after words if its right you got beer

After two weeks I got an FG of 1007 which was way lower than calculated. Apparently it over-attenuated. I didn't want more attenuation so I bottled it. After a week of bottling I opened some bottles and it tasted very harsh, plastic-like, too bitter, stringent and slightly sulphury. The haze from the yeast is extremely high, it seems like it didn't complete it's flocculation and it produced some off-flavors. The fermentation temperature was 21C. It really sucks I can't even drink it because of the plastic-like harsh flavor and the sulphury finish. Does it recover after bottle conditioning? OR is it garbage? I had very weird experience with this yeast so far.

Bad tasting, over attenuated beer might be a sign you picked up an infection. In that case it likely won't get better.

Back