Two hearted Clone

Krimbos

Trial Member
Reaction score
Ozark - any comments on your posted recipe?

all I can say is always use fresh hops and its real good, follow the recipe and your set
some people use 1 ounce at bittering but I didn't like it that bitter

I've always like Two Hearted and Dead Ringer is one of the two kits I brewed (in extract) when I got free kits with equipment when I was getting started ... I recall that it was barely fully carbinated when I finished the last of it .. and I didn't share very much of that batch either. :D

its the same recipe as dead ringer, simple beer to brew, only 3 ingredients in the whole beer including hops, its all centennial hops, only mistake I made one time was using a bag that had aged too much (brown) and it tasted odd, learned that lesson on a 10 gallon batch :cry:

DeadRingerIPA
http://www.northernbrewer.com/documenta ... gerIPA.pdf

Bottled 6.5 gallons yesterday

OG 1.064
FG 1.009!!

LHBS did not have San Diego Yeast, so I used Wyeast 1272

Took nearly a week to complete fermentation. Kept it at about 62F for first few days, them moved to warmer spot

Smells fantastic!!

I used the yeast bed for yesterdays brew (simple Cascade-based pale Ale). Started bubbling in about 4hrs. Temp a bit higher - 66F

Great to hear
yes any chico strain will work, even US05 but SAN Diego seems to ferment more sugar and give a higher alcohol beer

Back