transitioning to Brewzilla

mrskittle

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using a pretty conventional process on brew day consisting of the Gatorade mash tun, a couple of big kettles, and a propane burner. I've recently treated myself to the Brewzilla in hopes of shortening up my brew days. After one brew day, I'm pretty comfortable with the process but am wondering if I need to adjust my recipe for this new system. For instance, I noticed that I needed close to a gallon less of sparge water. My volumes ended up pretty close to normal at the end. What are folks finding when switching to an all-in-one system from the conventional methods I mentioned?

I transitioned to an AIO from kettle-on-stove about three months ago. My water volumes remained the same. However, I don’t sparge.

I've been using a pretty conventional process on brew day consisting of the Gatorade mash tun, a couple of big kettles, and a propane burner. I've recently treated myself to the Brewzilla in hopes of shortening up my brew days. After one brew day, I'm pretty comfortable with the process but am wondering if I need to adjust my recipe for this new system. For instance, I noticed that I needed close to a gallon less of sparge water. My volumes ended up pretty close to normal at the end. What are folks finding when switching to an all-in-one system from the conventional methods I mentioned?
Sounds like you improvised on the fly or should I say fly sparge lol.

Yup every Brew system is gunna have different losses in hosses evaporation boil off ect.

It will take a couple of brews to dial in your losses.

I hope it saved you some cleaning up.

I definitely had to get a few brews under my belt and dial in my numbers. I had to do it again when I went from Brezilla 9 Gallon 110V to the 240V 17 Gallon Brewzilla. Not an awful process though. I love the Brewzilla!

Back