To Squeeze or not to Squeeze??

To squeeze or Not to Squeeze

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yup, i just need to find a good tripod solution to hold the grain so i can do it by myself
I've seen some DIY hoists out there using a tripod. Problem is making it strong enough to hold the bag. If you could find an old-school surveyor's tripod, the ones that held up real theodolites rather than the new GPS stuff, or an old-school video camera tripod, that could form the basis. Then you only need the hoist (a pulley or two) and a hasp to keep the rope from slipping once you've hoisted it.

I've used my 6' ladder before as a 'tripod' of sorts before to suspend the bag a bit.

when I had a brew in a bag I had a pulley attached to my garage door angle iron attached to the ceiling and then a ratchet pulley hooked to bag creating a double pulley system and it worked great, easy to lift with one hand and hold in place

I have a handy nail in the shed wall , just lift with 1 hand and hang to drain then push the old plastic plate either against the wall of sparge bucket or directly down

I have a eye hook screwed into a roof stud that I use, works fine for lifting the bag. But I've been brewing in my garage since it's cold outside.

Squeeze like crazy! Why waste that deliciousness? Use silicone mitts. If the big boys are using mash presses, and many are, why would you not squeeze?

Back