TiltPi not updating Brew Session.

Gimbodan

Trial Member
Reaction score
I got my tilt January 1st, when I first got it I tested it in water and was able to get the device to sync with an existing brew session just to test its function.

Today I cannot for the life of me get this to update to my Brew Session from today, I have been working on this for the last 6 hours. I can get it to update to Google Sheets with no issues - I can view the tilt locally via the UI but I cannot get the sync to work with brewers friend.

I have:

Updated TiltPi from 2.7 > 2.7.1.
Rebooted via the UI and USB cable power cycle.
Cleared and Re-entered the Beer Name/Cloud URL/Entered a comment (hitting enter after each Input)
I tried the above with and without an email entered.
Also tried with 'Beer name' and 'Beer name,cloudID number'
Generated a new API Key - entered into the Cloud URL (hit enter) entered a comment (hit enter)
Deleted and Relinked the Tilt on the brew session page multiple times.
Logging Interval = 15 minutes
Default Cloud URL = Off

Not sure what else I can do to get this to update.

upload_2021-1-29_18-45-46.png
upload_2021-1-29_18-44-25.png
upload_2021-1-29_18-47-13.png

I got my tilt January 1st, when I first got it I tested it in water and was able to get the device to sync with an existing brew session just to test its function.

Today I cannot for the life of me get this to update to my Brew Session from today, I have been working on this for the last 6 hours. I can get it to update to Google Sheets with no issues - I can view the tilt locally via the UI but I cannot get the sync to work with brewers friend.

I have:

Updated TiltPi from 2.7 > 2.7.1.
Rebooted via the UI and USB cable power cycle.
Cleared and Re-entered the Beer Name/Cloud URL/Entered a comment (hitting enter after each Input)
I tried the above with and without an email entered.
Also tried with 'Beer name' and 'Beer name,cloudID number'
Generated a new API Key - entered into the Cloud URL (hit enter) entered a comment (hit enter)
Deleted and Relinked the Tilt on the brew session page multiple times.
Logging Interval = 15 minutes
Default Cloud URL = Off

Not sure what else I can do to get this to update.

View attachment 13961View attachment 13960View attachment 13962

Wow! I am having the same exact problem, and I mean to the "T". I did exactly everything you have written, all with exactly the same results.

Anyone have any help they can offer?

Wow! I am having the same exact problem, and I mean to the "T". I did exactly everything you have written, all with exactly the same results.

Anyone have any help they can offer?

Huh, I saw in another thread that someone added a comment and and it started working.

So I did just that, typed something random in the comment line and hit enter, within seconds the first log entry finally appeared on my brew session. I had set my time interval to 20 minutes so will check it in a bit. I'll post back if it doesn't maintain the updates otherwise assume the comment did it for me.

Glad the comment worked for you! Sadly it has not worked for me :(. I have been able to use the phone app whenever I think about it to get it to send the data to the brew session but I have not been able to figure out how to send it with the Pi. It’s definitely able to as my google doc has 400 updates in it.

Glad the comment worked for you! Sadly it has not worked for me :(. I have been able to use the phone app whenever I think about it to get it to send the data to the brew session but I have not been able to figure out how to send it with the Pi. It’s definitely able to as my google doc has 400 updates in it.
The Tilt Pi can't update both the Google doc and Brewers Friend. You can set Tilt Pi to update Brewers Friend and then set Brewers Friend to update your Google doc if you want both updated. Though your screenshots look like you're just logging to Brewers Friend so I may be pointing out something you've already done.

No worries, yeah I gave up hope on getting it to work on this brew so I swapped the URL to Google Sheets to monitor this ferment. Since the beer hit 1.010 today I may try to wipe and re-image my Pi tonight or tomorrow and test again as the tilt will be floating for the next week or so.

Well I think I have this resolved now - I downloaded the latest image from the Tilt website - tiltpi2-buster-Jan21.img.gz

Though this version appears to be the same v2.7.1 I had updated my tilt to Friday it did update my Brew Session once I set up the logging again for Brewers Friend and sent a comment. Pleased to see it has continued to update and forward to my google doc as well!

Last edited:
Having the same issue with Tilt (no TiltPi). Error 404 with CloudUrl 1 (3rd Party). I also tried disabling the default CloudUrl as well as Local device logging. None of that seems to work and I can't get any help from Tilt themselves. It's like they aren't there anymore. I own 3 Tilts and was going to build a TilitPi hoping it solved some of my issues, but it doesn't sound like it will from this thread. I guess I won't be buying another Tilt because of this. Has anyone used an iSpindel? I have a Rapt Pod but it's too big to use with my SS Brewtech fermenters, but works well with a bucket.

Having the same issue with Tilt (no TiltPi). Error 404 with CloudUrl 1 (3rd Party). I also tried disabling the default CloudUrl as well as Local device logging. None of that seems to work and I can't get any help from Tilt themselves. It's like they aren't there anymore. I own 3 Tilts and was going to build a TilitPi hoping it solved some of my issues, but it doesn't sound like it will from this thread. I guess I won't be buying another Tilt because of this. Has anyone used an iSpindel? I have a Rapt Pod but it's too big to use with my SS Brewtech fermenters, but works well with a bucket.
How are you relaying the info from the tilt to the internet?
I assume you are trying to integrate into this site? Maybe try integrating into goggle sheets first to verify it is working.

Been using a Tilt for 4 or 5 years now. The tiltpi does help, since it is a dedicated connection

I had to generate a new API key on Brewer's Friend and then was able to connect with the Tilt app on iOS. I finally heard back from Tilt customer service but they said they aren't experiencing any of my issues. So I sent them a screen recording LOL. Hopefully they can re-create and actually update their app. My Pi arrives tomorrow and I will build that over the weekend. Thanks for your help!

Back