Tilt no longer logging data

=DCB=

Premium Member
Reaction score
I last used my Tilt with Brewers Friend in February without issue. However, nothing I do now gets it to log. Things I have tried:
* Upgrading Tilt Pi
* Upgrading Tilt Pi flow
* Different Pi
* Different Pi power supply
* Generating a new Brewers Friend API key

I just setup Google Sheets logging and it's working fine. So it seems communication is working elsewhere, just not to Brewers Friend. What am I missing?

(I saw the recent thread in this forum about Tilt + account activation. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I've had an account for a long time, and my Tilt has worked previously.)

I would start from the beginning of linking the tilt and brewer’s friend again, following these step-by-step instructions:
https://docs.brewersfriend.com/devices/tilt

That usually fixes 99% of these issues where they aren’t “speaking” to each other, but if it doesn’t, please let me know and we’ll get it working again for you by troubleshooting with your.

I promise I've tried that multiple times. It works locally, and it works to Google Sheets. The only difference would be the URL its posting to, correct? As mentioned, I even tried generating a new API key.

I promise I've tried that multiple times. It works locally, and it works to Google Sheets. The only difference would be the URL its posting to, correct? As mentioned, I even tried generating a new API key.

Let me get a developer on this, and see what he suggests. You’re WAY above my pay grade, as this should be working properly with the steps you’ve taken. The one other thing I know that has worked for others is dealing with the Tilt people, as my understanding is that they’ve recently updated or tweaked the Tilt 2 app.

Let me get a developer on this, and see what he suggests. You’re WAY above my pay grade, as this should be working properly with the steps you’ve taken. The one other thing I know that has worked for others is dealing with the Tilt people, as my understanding is that they’ve recently updated or tweaked the Tilt 2 app.
I'm actually not using the Tilt 2 app, only Tilt Pi. Thanks for any help!

@Yooper @=DCB= An update to patch this issue has just been released, let us know if you still have any issues!

@Pricelessbrewing I am still not seeing any updates in my brew session. Just to be sure, I deleted the integration from the brew session, readded it, and waited about 30 minutes. Still nothing.

@Pricelessbrewing I am still not seeing any updates in my brew session. Just to be sure, I deleted the integration from the brew session, readded it, and waited about 30 minutes. Still nothing.
Sorry about that!

I don't have a tilt to confirm so it's a big hard for me to test the device updates. I'm passing it along to the developer to followup asap. @avantassel

@avantassel I have to log to Google Sheets? Previously I was able to log directly to a brew session.

That's how I have it setup. It worked fine via Google Sheets, but not to BF. I've tried multiple Pis, multiple SD cards, etc. I also tried the Flow version that comes with the Tilt Pi download, as well as the updated Flow (v2.7).

upload_2020-12-17_14-17-36.png

Sorry that was from my Google Sheets testing. I've set it back to 15 minutes, but that still doesn't fix it. Even if I was sending data too fast, you said you didn't see anything, correct?

I would try turning off use default for all, then enter a comment and hit enter, that will post data.

I seem to be having the same issue again. I even tried posting a comment, like I mentioned previously.

Back