The Technical Issues Forum

Austin

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Issue have a tendency to be spread out through the varying forums, so we started this forum for all issues with BrewersFriend.

If you have any sort of technical issues please note the device and operating system, browser, etc, then post the issue and Josh or I will get to it ASAP.

Thanks guys!

Installed an update on my I-phone app now it will not open. I have turned the phone off and on, I have deleted the app and reinstalled it and it still will not open. What do I need to do??

I"m checking it out.

What OS are you on?

inventory

Mac os 10.10.5
Some times when I go brew it several of the hops don't show in the list of ingredients and are not removed from inventory. It's been going on for quite some time but is getting worse. last time I had 4 hops in the receipe and only 1 hop was removed.

Hi Eric, I'm trying to figure this one out, but I'm a little stumped - could you verify that the hop names you enter on your recipe exactly match the ones in inventory? Just a guess, but would help to track it down.

Windows 10 - upgrade from Windows 7
Used BrewMate and now want to move to Brewers Friend

I have downloaded Brews Friend but it wont install.
I double click on the setup.exe to install, a box pops up to verify application details, then I get a pop up saying "Application cannot be started. Contact the vendor."

Has an OK and Details button, clicking OK closes it and it doesn't install at all.
Clicking details gives me the following:

Code:
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
	Windows 			: 10.0.10240.0 (Win32NT)
	Common Language Runtime 	: 4.0.30319.42000
	System.Deployment.dll 		: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
	clr.dll 			: 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
	dfdll.dll 			: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
	dfshim.dll 			: 10.0.10240.16384 (th1.150709-1700)

SOURCES
	Deployment url			: file:///C:/Users/Jase%20&%20Steph/Downloads/BrewersFriend_Windows/BrewersFriend%20Windows/BrewersFriend.application
	Application url			: file:///C:/Users/Jase%20&%20Steph/Downloads/BrewersFriend_Windows/BrewersFriend%20Windows/Application%20Files/BrewersFriend_1_0_0_25/BrewersFriend.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
	Deployment Identity		: BrewersFriend.application, Version=1.0.0.25, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=793ef642534771d0, processorArchitecture=msil
	Application Identity		: BrewersFriend.exe, Version=1.0.0.25, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=793ef642534771d0, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
	* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
	Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
	* An exception occurred while determining trust. Following failure messages were detected:
		+ Value does not fall within the expected range.
	* Activation of C:\Users\Jase & Steph\Downloads\BrewersFriend_Windows\BrewersFriend Windows\BrewersFriend.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
		+ Value does not fall within the expected range.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
	No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
	There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
	* [30/09/2015 4:46:24 p.m.] : Activation of C:\Users\Jase & Steph\Downloads\BrewersFriend_Windows\BrewersFriend Windows\BrewersFriend.application has started.
	* [30/09/2015 4:46:24 p.m.] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
	* [30/09/2015 4:46:24 p.m.] : Installation of the application has started.
	* [30/09/2015 4:46:24 p.m.] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
	* [30/09/2015 4:46:25 p.m.] : Found compatible runtime version 2.0.50727.
	* [30/09/2015 4:46:25 p.m.] : Detecting dependent assembly Sentinel.v3.5Client, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=msil using Sentinel.v3.5Client, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=msil.
	* [30/09/2015 4:46:25 p.m.] : Detecting dependent assembly System.Data.Entity, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil using System.Data.Entity, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil.
	* [30/09/2015 4:46:25 p.m.] : Detecting dependent assembly WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=msil using WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=msil.
	* [30/09/2015 4:46:25 p.m.] : Detecting dependent assembly System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil using System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil.
	* [30/09/2015 4:46:25 p.m.] : Detecting dependent assembly System.Data.Entity, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil using System.Data.Entity, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil.

ERROR DETAILS
	Following errors were detected during this operation.
	* [30/09/2015 4:46:25 p.m.] System.ArgumentException
		- Value does not fall within the expected range.
		- Source: mscorlib
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAppId.EnumAppPath()
			at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifests(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ActivationDescription.ToActivationContext()
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
	* [30/09/2015 4:46:25 p.m.] System.ArgumentException
		- Value does not fall within the expected range.
		- Source: mscorlib
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAppId.EnumAppPath()
			at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifests(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ActivationDescription.ToActivationContext()
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
	No transaction information is available.

I have tried to use the setup from different locations (Desktop, external HDD and I get the same error......what do I need to do?

Hello,

I just got the same error as ManawaBrew but with different detail. I get a pop up saying "Application cannot be started. Contact the vendor."

Detail.

DETALLES DEL ERROR
Se detectaron los siguientes errores durante esta operación.
* [10/04/2018 0:37:10] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
- El manifiesto de la aplicación tiene un hash calculado que es distinto al especificado o no tiene ninguno.
- Origen: System.Deployment
- Seguimiento de la pila:
en System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
en System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
en System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
en System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
en System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
en System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Excepción interna ---
System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
- El archivo BrewersFriend.exe.manifest tiene un hash calculado distinto al especificado en el manifiesto.
- Origen: System.Deployment
- Seguimiento de la pila:
en System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, Hash hash)
en System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, HashCollection hashCollection)
en System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)

Could anyone help, please?

I can't find you in our system- can you please let me know your user name, or send me via a private conversation your email address so I can look you up?

Click on her name, then Start a a Conversation.

Back