The Strange - and annoying - Case of the missing YEAST

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Well things are going from bad to worse...

Retrieving one of my recipes now sees the Yeast disappearing like it never existed.
upload_2019-1-27_13-34-27.png

So I go back and try and edit the recipe. Guess what? The yeast I used is not in the list and I can't type in a new name.
upload_2019-1-27_14-9-35.png

and , although the yeast I want is in my inventory - all entries are greyed out and unable to be selected.
upload_2019-1-27_14-8-43.png

So. What do I do now? Effectively the stored recipe has had part of it erased and cant be reinstated.
This is not very good.
If the developers want a full list of yeasts I use or have used then I can send it in - otherwise can we PLEASE revert to a previous version - as far as the yeast entries are concerned. At the very least fix the Inventory ADD problem - otherwise this application is becoming useless...

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-27_13-58-45.png
    upload_2019-1-27_13-58-45.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 123
Further to the above. The only yeasts that CAN be selected are those that match names ALREADY in the yeast drop-down. So unless the whole world knows about it you can't use it yourself... This is helpful... What about a locally sourced yeast - or one harvested from a bottle of someone else's beer? You won't be able to use it as you can't have it in the Inventory list and be able to select it.

Further to the above. The only yeasts that CAN be selected are those that match names ALREADY in the yeast drop-down. So unless the whole world knows about it you can't use it yourself... This is helpful... What about a locally sourced yeast - or one harvested from a bottle of someone else's beer? You won't be able to use it as you can't have it in the Inventory list and be able to select it.

Not sure if it's related, but have you checked the new toggle settings? Again, I have no idea if this is the problem or not.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/why-all-the-changes.10908/#post-76545

Not sure if it's related, but have you checked the new toggle settings? Again, I have no idea if this is the problem or not.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/why-all-the-changes.10908/#post-76545

Yes I saw that and I have tried it with and without the switch setting in the General settings but no joy.

What seems to happen is you can select a yeast from the Inventory and the system copies the Amount over - so if I had 7 packets of yeast made by Joe Blogs... 7 would get copied into the recipe but NOT the name. You can save the recipe and the 7 is still there. Reload the recipe and nothing is brought in - as if the entries had never been made. The same is not true if you select a yeast - that also exists in the main list. All is OK then. It makes having an inventory option redundant.

Back