Tetra Hop Gold Extract

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Gday Fellow brewers thought I'd start a conversation on this hop extract product.

Through listening to various podcasts on brulosophys Bru Lab and GF podcast Millet Time today.

Ive herd mention of thia Tetra hop extract product giving your beer outstanding head retention properties by adding just a few drops into the fermenter!

So being prudent and wanting to share my wasted time listening to brewing podcasts I thought I'd share this info with you if you've not yet heard about it.

GF Beer head sux this is why I'm looking at another way at hopefully increasing the visual component to my beer by adding this.

Here is a link to a brew store in Aus that's selling it funny enough the same mob who I bought my brewing enzymes off.

Next time I put an order in with them I'll add some of this to my cart and share what I find using it.

https://matesratehomebrewsupplies.com.au/product/tetrahop-gold-9/

Anyhow Anyone on here used this product?
Would love to knoa your thoughts on it - did it improve your head retention?
Dosage rates I've herd a couple of drops.

Mates Rates do have a calculation on site though I would like to know other hombrewing dosage rates?

Cheers looking forward to the discussion :)

Another link.

https://www.barthhaas.com/hops-and-products/products/tetrahop-goldr#:~:text=Improves head retention in your,best experience for your customers.&text=Post fermentation bittering that opens,glass without developing off flavors.&text=It's 100% hop derived with,to provide a consistent bitterness.

Last edited:
I think Coors or some other big macro brewery using something similar, it's a light stable hop/bitterness. If I did my numbers correctly, 175ml per IBU per 19L (5 gallons) of beer. I didn't know it made the foam more stable.

Why does the beer foam suck from the Grain Father?

I think Coors or some other big macro brewery using something similar, it's a light stable hop/bitterness. If I did my numbers correctly, 175ml per IBU per 19L (5 gallons) of beer. I didn't know it made the foam more stable.

Why does the beer foam suck from the Grain Father?

I'm sure he means Gluten Free.

sub'd always interested in the chemistry of this hobby.

Thanks for the response well so far the few beers I've brewed the head is actually not too bad. That ondea Pro has proteases in its blend that go to work on the protine breaking them down for me.

@HighVoltageMan! you correct its original intention was to make beer more light stable and stop the beer skunking or increasing shelf life.

Brewers found it also creates great head retention.

That hombrew store I found he provides bulk prices at the hombrew scale.
Meaning I can by 100g of the product for $10 and give it a whirl.

I've also got access to that Acetolactate decarboxolate ALDC enzyme at the hombrew scale its that stuff that reduces the Diacetyl in the fermentation meaning if your lagering you don't need to bring fermentation up to a Diacetyl rest or say your brewing with English yeast it inhibits this flavour compound.

Anyhow waffling on now.
Was just checking the forum for any info on this hop extract anything to aid in good lasting head I LoVE me Some Good Head:p

Last edited:
Found this thread again.
Well looksie looksie we got some for some post kettle dosage.
20240118_154015.jpg

1 - 1.7 times more potent than 1 iso Alpha Acid unit with up to 70% utilization.

Can be used to prevent lightstruck beer if used as bittering units only.

Enhanced foam stability when used post kettle before filtration Above 5ppm.
Anyone else use this product in their beer?

I'll have another listen to that brulab podcast to try and catch a dosage amount per 20lt batch size as my maths sux when using the calculation
Screenshot_20240118_202850_OneDrive.jpg

Going by that calculation if 4.7g tetrahop gold give 5 IBUs in 100lt of beer that at 5th that amount given my 20Lt ish batch size that's .94ml or 1ml of tettra hop Gold = 5Ibus ~ give or take
Cool

I think the best place I can think of adding this would be to the fermenter at primary so the agitation will mix in the minsule dosage amount.

If added at packaging I'm not sure I'll get enough mixing with my slow closed transfers.

Looking forward to hearing about your results!
Always pushing the envelope, you're a beauty Ben!

Looking forward to hearing about your results!
Always pushing the envelope, you're a beauty Ben!
Cheers Craigerrr!

Lernt something already about this tetrahop gold stuff it's sticky Resinous stuff.

I used a 1ml syringe yesterday to add it to fermenter via the PRV valve and got some on my finger (I was tempted to taste thank God I didnt) even after hot soapy water that Sh!t was still on my fingers!

Cheers Craigerrr!

Lernt something already about this tetrahop gold stuff it's sticky Resinous stuff.

I used a 1ml syringe yesterday to add it to fermenter via the PRV valve and got some on my finger (I was tempted to taste thank God I didnt) even after hot soapy water that Sh!t was still on my fingers!
Now that makes me want to back away slowly.........

Another + to thus product say you miss your ibus on the packaged beer say it's not ballanced and is a little too sweet well you can add this at packaging to push up the bitterness.

You could and I may just do this for shits and giggles bitter your beer with no kettle or fermentation side bitterness and add it at packaging making it light stable.

I hear this is how Millers make their beer outta malt extract and CO2 hop Extract...

Another + to thus product say you miss your ibus on the packaged beer say it's not ballanced and is a little too sweet well you can add this at packaging to push up the bitterness.

You could and I may just do this for shits and giggles bitter your beer with no kettle or fermentation side bitterness and add it at packaging making it light stable.

I hear this is how Millers make their beer outta malt extract and CO2 hop Extract...
Wheel... reinvented!

Wheel... reinvented!
Amen adding bitterness post boil maybe a new erra in hop bitterness who knows what the future holds.
CRISPA (not sure if that right ) edited yeast to contribute hop flavour. Now adding bitterness post boil with c02 hop extract and couple that with incognito wham bam thankyou mam no T90 or Cryo hops needed to achieve said hop bitterness and aroma/Flavor dial it in by the Gram in fermenter or at packaging mind blown!

Back