Tapcooler Nanno Canner Experience

Dornbox

Premium Member
Reaction score
So I was in need of some sort of DIY solution for using my beergun while canning that was a little more hands free and less prone to accidents. While searching the webs for solutions, I came across the Nanno Canner Kit. The reviews pretty much sucked and the price is on the steep side... but it was fairly hands off and has the ability to make a seal to the can and purge it prior to filling under pressure / counter pressure filling. I was intrigued and read a ton of reviews over a three week period. In the end, I bought and I am in love. But like every true love, it's not perfect. But with that in mind I thought I'd post this for my brewing brothers and sisters who may be as silly as I am when it comes to beer gear.

The Cons:
-It's pricey
-It's finicky at times
-There's an older faulty version out there for sale (see pics)

The Pros
-The design has been updated
-Great Fermentations is the US distributor and will easily handle warranty issues even if you purchased it through another retailer, like I did. My replacement is on it's way.
-It holds your can (see pics)
-It purges your can
-It fills under counter pressure ( i had my pressures set so I could walk away while filling) (see pics)
-It has an overflow tube (a little janky but it works well) that you can route into your favor mug, pint, etc.
-It works well
-it has a magnetic mount that freaking works! (see pics)

As I mentioned, my experience with was less than perfect. The directions are few and it took me a while to set up and the way the overflow tube pushes into the pressure relief valve is suspect. It also has a "sealed" hollow cap that is faulty in that it will fill with beer foam and there's no way to disassemble and clean. This part I knew about but I expected to receive an updated version... which I didn't. But I knew that from the moment I opened the box, so it wasn't a surprise when mine started to fail after the first or second can.

After the first date jitters passed, this thing was a champ. With the magnetic holder I was able to mount the can filler to the side of my canner, less travel means less mess. I also set up my canner on a cookie sheet to catch my mess, this made my true love very happy. Getting the cans to in the holder to make a good seal did require some some attention but once I figured that out, it was pretty simple as long as I paid attention. All and all the system performed really well. If you can beer and want to be able to reliably loDO your NEIPAs or any other beer, this is an option. I was extremely hesitant to go in at the price point especially with all of the mixed reviews but in the end the product works really well, there's nothing comparable that I could find, and the support has been great. I don't write reviews on forums but I would have appreciated stumbling
across a thread like this while I was obsessing over whether or not to purchase it.

Oh, two cases of beer left me with about 4-6 ounces of beer in cup that the overflow tube was in... and I opened two cans while I was working... because I didn't trust the seam from my canner. :rolleyes:

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

Last edited:
nice! I have the tapcooler for bottles and the design of the head is the same. it just works. no fiddling with ball valves or or gun triggers. push to purge, open the supply from the tap, done!

how do you like the Cannular?

nice! I have the tapcooler for bottles and the design of the head is the same. it just works. no fiddling with ball valves or or gun triggers. push to purge, open the supply from the tap, done!

how do you like the Cannular?
It’s actually the same exact one for the bottles. You just pull off the bottle adapter and push it through the can filler.

The Canular is epic. I had it for over a year before I used it. Stupid easy and fast. I can’t believe I waited. The only draw back it that the shield / splash guard is extra and it’s still not long enough to catch 100% of the splash but the canner itself is slick!

It’s actually the same exact one for the bottles. You just pull off the bottle adapter and push it through the can filler.

The Canular is epic. I had it for over a year before I used it. Stupid easy and fast. I can’t believe I waited. The only draw back it that the shield / splash guard is extra and it’s still not long enough to catch 100% of the splash but the canner itself is slick!

know what I am asking for christmas :p

cans are alot cheaper too. $25 for 50 cans? that is about 30 bottles

know what I am asking for christmas :p

cans are alot cheaper too. $25 for 50 cans? that is about 30 bottles
Cans are nice. You can take them camping, give them to friends, to parties. No fuss. Plus I just spray them with star sans and they’re ready to go. My buddy who owns a large brewery doesn’t even rinse them. The canning line un packs the cans directly off of the pallets, purges, fills, and seals them.

Good to know that the cannular works well. I got the approval from the finance committee last Christmas, but I'm just not packaging enough to justify it to myself. Recently got a nudge from my wife to pull my finger out and buy it. I think she's now more interested in using it than me.

I think at the volumes we package we'll wait for the filling side of things to improve.

I have the pro model but currently in storage, I can't wait to use it

I have the pro model but currently in storage, I can't wait to use it
I had mine for over a year before I used it. I can’t believe I waited so long. Canning beer is a joy! The filling part takes a good setup if you want it to be easy though.

I'm just diggin on the wall covering. I did the same thing with old pallets in my tractor shed/workshop.
Lol. Thanks! The first time I did it, I was actually looking for old pallets but gave up because everyone was looking for them. I ended up buying some mixed species industrial oak flooring and went to town on it. Since, I’ve done it in a couple houses and a business. All with different colors and degrees of faux aging but it always looks good.

Lol. Thanks! The first time I did it, I was actually looking for old pallets but gave up because everyone was looking for them. I ended up buying some mixed species industrial oak flooring and went to town on it. Since, I’ve done it in a couple houses and a business. All with different colors and degrees of faux aging but it always looks good.
I got lucky on the pallets at just the right time. Lumber prices escalated while I was building, so my budget for the shed was burned at the stake. My son-in-law had access to all the pallets and crates I could possibly use, for free. I still have about 40 of them.

Back