Summer 2023: A cooking and brewing success!

CoFlyGuy

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I have done a ton of brewing and cooking this summer. As I read more and learn my interests grow at a similar pace.

With a number of fully successful brews in the bottle and down the hatch, my joy in brewing has grown with every batch.

My cooking has grown in quality as well as quantity. With the quality of the meat I have been getting from my LBS, Sam's Meats in Aurora, Colorado, I have been cooking some of the best meat I have been able to get my hands on. Working for an Ace Hardware in Denver, I have become one of the Leads in the Grill Department. The passion I have for cooking apparently has been noticed by the management of my store. My nickname has now become Chef Graham as I am apparently more than just a sales associate.

I have gotten great reviews on my food from the public coming into and going out of out stores. Surprisingly, I have even gotten a review from an anonymous, James Beard Awarded chef who has tasted my food. ((Ok, tooting my own horn! Sorry!))

I have been having my fellow employees sampling my beer along the way as well. What really excites me personally, is when I get positive feedback from non-brewers who enjoy my beer that I share. I have gotten so many good responses that it really changes my overall outlook on life.

Because I have had time to sit and contemplate many things recently, I am considering how I can take my passion for cooking and brewing to a new level. I don't really want to run a restaurant, as I want to cook for the love of cooking, not making others pleased with their plates. The same goes for my beer brewing. I just want to have fun brewing beer, not trying to please others. As long as I am happy drinking my own beer, then I have accomplished what I wanted on my own.

So, I am here to thank you all for allowing me to follow my passions while lurking in the background and reading all your posts on the forum. I will be sharing more stuff with you all in the future and I will try to be more of a contributer in the future.

And today was another good day. I brewed up a 3.5 gallon Prohibition Ale. It is an American Amber Ale. OG came in at a 1.051.

I am really stoked on this one as I broke in my new mash tun on my first ever All Grain recipe. Mission accomplished. Well at least to start.

Spatch cocked Whole Chicken on the Kamado Joe. Holy Crap, I have a new toy and the flavor on this bad boy, Money! And now that I went to Pink Floyd at the Denver Musuem of Nature and Science Gates Planetarium for the 50th Anniversary of Dark Side of the Moon.

This chicken was so juicy. Paired with a New Glarus Spotted Cow. Life is good.

Attachments

• 20230827_134235.jpg
    20230827_134235.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230827_134250.jpg
    20230827_134250.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 33
Attaboy Graham!

James Beard...that is wow!

Good stuff! Gotta love spatchcocked chicken. I like to brine the bird for at least 12 hours before slow cooking over charcoal in the Weber tower.

I don't have anything that might fit it. My biggest pan just seems too small to fit what is essentially two half turkeys laid side by side.

Get yourself a full sheet...18x26...works great for baguettes too..

I also have a great passion for cooking, it relaxes and distracts me, now I'm on a water diet and I have nothing to cook except tea and coffee, I'm already waiting for the end, I want to cook something delicious

Last edited:
I also have a great passion for cooking, it relaxes and distracts me, now I'm on a water diet and I have nothing to cook except tea and coffee, I'm already waiting for the end, I want to cook something delicious
Like you. Because I'm on a water-only diet, the only beverages other than tea and coffee that I can make are those.

Last edited:

Back